Third Party Press
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Karab. 98b depot build help

Honestly, you need to post photos of what you have bought so it can be evaluated.

Old school collectors have techniques they use, newer collectors have different techniques. What was good in 1980 is considered blasphemy now. When I started collecting it was cool to clean your stocks to a nice blonde look, and shine the metal up to look as new as possible. Now, untouched looking guns are where the money is at. I see lots of collections, and I can tell which guns are 80's, 90's, and later, like rings on a tree. Lets see better images of it before you start working on it.
    Order the new K98k book at www.thirdpartypress.com
    Don't forget to visit www.latewar.com for info on late war 98k's.

As is the case with anything, it can be either properly applied or poorly used.

Ok no BLO. Either way when I get it I'll post some pics. It is dry, very dry but when I can properly show the extent I will.

JD

Get the rifle and post nice clear outdoor photos. If you plan to keep it do what ever you like to it as its yours. If you just plan on selling it and you may receive offers just leave it be. Anyone who knows anything can tell from good photos how it will clean up. If a depot rework isn't your bag maybe a trade offer will come along. Just wait and be patient. You wont be steered wrong here. Cleaning technics differ but, most guys here know what they are talking about. I use nothing but furniture grade lemon oil on my stocks. Formby's also sells a product called build up cleaner for furniture that works great for wiping down dirty stocks.

oh come on, how badly did you steal it??