Third Party Press

Thread: Budget k98

Default Budget k98

What is the best place to get a shooter k98 and not have to be a rockefeller to buy one?

I keep your eyes on the trader here a lot of nice k98k rifles show up for sale periodically. Sometimes you get lucky on GunBroker but you have to know what you're buying and make sure you get a good inspection period
    "Don't use your musket if you can kill 'em with your hatchet" Major Robert Rogers 1757

To me the Yugo converted K98k rifles are the best value. They are real German guns just reworked postwar, and make great shooters. All I have seen have new barrels- if something like that would interest you I have one I could post pics of. They run about $350-400 i think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Order the new K98k book at www.thirdpartypress.com
    Don't forget to visit www.latewar.com for info on late war 98k's.

That's a good price Mike being how Russian captures are now selling for $600 and up at the shows. I also like the East German types as well they're pretty nice too and not easy to find either.
    "Don't use your musket if you can kill 'em with your hatchet" Major Robert Rogers 1757

Agree that prices of R/Cs have greatly increased since the mid nineties. Still pays to check LGS nearby one's area sometimes for a trade-in or consignment purchase. Gunshow prices in my area can be through the roof. Last year I saw a 1943 BYF bolt mis-match for $1800!