Third Party Press

zf41 sniper scope case

jeeplover

I picked this up for 18 dollars was wanting a realistic estimate as to what it is worth

Attachments

• 000_0006.jpg
    000_0006.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 000_0008.jpg
    000_0008.jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 57
  • 000_0009.jpg
    000_0009.jpg
    282.8 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
zf41 Can

years ago these were really expensive but they are down to 250-400 range.
thats my take based on internet and show real prices.

I missed one last week at Amoskeag, threw a silent bid of $450 on it and it sold for $475. I figured my bid was good, I was holding it "in hand" to inspect it and not dealing with shipping. Dark green can like this.

It is missing all the inner parts. With this no realistic value can be stated. I would not consider it worth to have, but others may have other demands. I would put it on ebay and let fate decide.

It is missing all the inner parts. With this no realistic value can be stated. I would not consider it worth to have, but others may have other demands. I would put it on ebay and let fate decide.
I will keep it for now maybe in the future I will trade or sell it. what inner parts are you talking about the scope? so you would pass it up for $18 dollars?

I will keep it for now maybe in the future I will trade or sell it. what inner parts are you talking about the scope? so you would pass it up for $18 dollars?

The recycling value is more than $18. What Bruce said.

thank you guys very much now I have an ideal of the value. thinking of holding on to it and trying to get a scope for it. a little bit I learned is it is a second pattern box because of the external hinge. I would need to find a second model scope because first model will not fit. is there a range of serial numbers to look for that denote 2nd model scopes?

thank you guys very much now I have an ideal of the value. thinking of holding on to it and trying to get a scope for it. a little bit I learned is it is a second pattern box because of the external hinge. I would need to find a second model scope because first model will not fit. is there a range of serial numbers to look for that denote 2nd model scopes?

The ocular shield needs to be slipped off and placed in that little hinged box if you have the removable shield on it. AFAIK, the cans fit all variants which are the same in external dimensions.
Cheers,
HB

ZF41 Can

Nice ZF41 Case and a great deal. I bought one a few months ago with the can, cloth, and brush for around $300 if my memory is good. I thought that was a good deal. The hinged cover in the lid is for the cloth. The scope will fit in the can with the lens shades installed. There should be a tube inside can for the brush. Some real late war unnumbered cans did no have the tube for brush. I have one of those that is tan in color. As a additional price comparison I saw an early can with the leather strap at a show a while ago with no brush but it had the cleaning cloth in the hinged container of lid for $350.00. Best Regards.

Last edited:
The late scope (ZF41 type2 and ZF41/1) will not fit early can, since the lid of early can is a bit shorter than the late.
From left; early, late, late(tan)
pic1608-08.jpg
Also, the lid hinge is different.
From left; early, late
pic1608-10.jpg
And the late ones do not have the brush tube.
pic1608-07.jpgpic1608-06.jpgpic1608-05.jpg
I believe the brush was omitted in the late set.

Military Rifle Journal
Back