Third Party Press
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: G/K 43 forum

Question G/K 43 forum

Has the G 43 forum died and gone away??? I have not looked at it for quite a while and I have not been able to find a link to it that worked.
    Sarge
    Calling illegal aliens "undocumented immigrants" is like calling drug dealers "unlicensed pharmacists!"
    LIFE MEMBER: NRA, VFW, DAV, SFA, SOA, 281AHC Assoc & CAF

been gone for years..... were have you been ? This is the second best thing.. almost.

Yes, about the same time this forum got popular and the release of Kriegsmodell the old G/K43 forum died. Sad, as a lot of good information/pics were lost...

The owners killed it with their inane idiocy and moral turpitude.

I also heard there was gambling rackets by the owners as well.
    "Don't use your musket if you can kill 'em with your hatchet" Major Robert Rogers 1757

There was one cat who was rebuilding semi- MP44's and I believe he also test fired one of the SMG early "loaner" FG's at a reenact event (with blanks) - "MP43" I think was his avatar - is he any this forum? He was a like-minded individual - enjoyed talking MP44 building with him.

There was a relaxed attitude on that forum which was fun - but also indicative of the pre-fearful days of posting images of your collection - it was a fairly difficult forum for Joe-public to find, which had it's benefits -

A lot of them get fowled up by too many weirdos, too, MG42 was a good forum for a while, too - then, a lot of oddballs, PM's about illegal transfers and I'm history, adios, I spent way too much every years on licenses, permits and lawyers already.

Quote Originally Posted by pitfighter View Post
    There was one cat who was rebuilding semi- MP44's and I believe he also test fired one of the SMG early "loaner" FG's at a reenact event (with blanks) - "MP43" I think was his avatar - is he any this forum? He was a like-minded individual - enjoyed talking MP44 building with him.

There was a relaxed attitude on that forum which was fun - but also indicative of the pre-fearful days of posting images of your collection - it was a fairly difficult forum for Joe-public to find, which had it's benefits -

A lot of them get fowled up by too many weirdos, too, MG42 was a good forum for a while, too - then, a lot of oddballs, PM's about illegal transfers and I'm history, adios, I spent way too much every years on licenses, permits and lawyers already.
    I think it was MP43sniper, a fellow called Craig. He welded up a demilled parts kit.

Default The Old G/K-43 Forum

Quote Originally Posted by GunKraut View Post
    I think it was MP43sniper, a fellow called Craig. He welded up a demilled parts kit.
    I really did enjoy it very much-I like the parts of the "self pro claimed" G/K-43 experts,,But the best were what me and some of my fellow G/K-43 collectors,Were the guys we called THE DE'FONTER BUBBA'S" At that time nether of them own a complete and original ZF4 SCOPE and Mount Rig..They would knock every mount rig that would come up on a bid site or picture of one on that forum --Hay Bubba 1--Did you see the fonts on that rig?--Don't look right to me,,Ya Bubba 2-The slant of da 4 looks phony,,And da 359 looks way out of place on da top !!--Those two clowns were put in their place by a well known collector who just happen to be a forum member,,And that for real scope and mount rig was his..But it was stuff like that ,That made the site some what interesting,,Then came to debate on the 5 rd mags for the G/K-43 --Boy what a cluster of experts on that subject,,Including me..And most of the "EXPERTS" who claimed super knowledge of G/K-43s.. Took from Darrin Weavers fine Book,, Hitlers Grand,,Grabbing up on all his research and efforts as if it was their knowledge.But I truly must admit..Their were some pretty smart and nice people on that forum--Plus a very few douche bags. Who were not real collectors of history--Just collectors of How much they could make in $$$--That's it --Have a nice day and a great Life--Frenchy

Through the significant effort of some of the guys here, GK Forum became a great place. Then, the site owners attempted to exploit us and what we built for their own profit, and began treating us like low level employees, except unpaid employees (but who pay the employer through donations.) They decided to parlay the site traffic that we were responsible for into profit from online gaming, which part of the site was converted to service. Then, they wanted to require us mods to "write articles" and our pics and intellectual property would belong to them to exploit. Their conduct was abusive, ridiculous, and not consistent with people who know how to manage things properly. First, a number of mods quit, me being the first, then they publicly lied, telling members that I attempted to "sabotage" the site and locked me out while doing this so that I could not post the truth. What I did, because GK Forum had become an online gaming, exploited sh!tshow, was remove my pictures and informative posts, which belonged to me, inasmuch as they announced a policy that all intellectual property posted there belonged to them, not those of us (all of us) who posted it for the good of each other and the hobby, not their online gambling and profit. Fortunately, a number of guys here saw what they did and called them on it. Censorship, history revision, lock outs, etc., were all utilized to advance their lies. There was a second mod exodus, then the site imploded, having little to no traffic or posting of merit.

All of this is why this site exists, why our policy here is that the pics and info belong to those who post them, and why we don't censor. You know what you are getting here and if there are disagreements you will see both sides and can come to your own conclusions like a sentient adult. Those who don't want to come to their own conclusions and don't approve of this model are, frankly, people I don't care to have here anyway as they are simply moronic nuisances.
    “Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.” - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945

Ahh yes, Now it all comes back to me. It had been so long that I had forgotten about all of that BS!
    Oh well, guess all I had remembered was the "good times."
    Sarge
    Calling illegal aliens "undocumented immigrants" is like calling drug dealers "unlicensed pharmacists!"
    LIFE MEMBER: NRA, VFW, DAV, SFA, SOA, 281AHC Assoc & CAF