Third Party Press

Volume IIb Collated Unbound Proof Copy - We are getting close

bruce98k

Super Over the Top Moderator -1/2
Staff member
As part of the printing process, we get an unbound collated copy to approve.
Following are images of the raw pages off the press.

Once we approve the order, the segments will be sewn into the hard binding (cover).

Mike will be following up with additional info regarding the status of Volume II.

Thanks,
Bruce

Attachments

• _DSC8258[1].jpg
    _DSC8258[1].jpg
    299.7 KB · Views: 167
  • _DSC8259[1].jpg
    _DSC8259[1].jpg
    280.1 KB · Views: 145
  • _DSC8260[1].jpg
    _DSC8260[1].jpg
    287.3 KB · Views: 140
  • _DSC8262[1].jpg
    _DSC8262[1].jpg
    297.7 KB · Views: 139
  • _DSC8257.jpg
    _DSC8257.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 159
  • _DSC8263.jpg
    _DSC8263.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Ok, as Bruce shows, this project is getting closer and closer to fruition. Unlike previous books, we are actually going to open up ordering before we pick up the actual books, by about 10-12 days ahead of our delivery date. The reasoning behind this is simple - I am going to be making a trip up to Ohio to assist in numbering books to match existing books you guys have, it's going to be a big job. By pre-ordering, we can have a stack of orders to go through prior to my arrival and arrange everything to go smoothly, such as printing out postage and getting the labels ready. Last time we spent all weekend numbering stuff and I didn't have time to help pack/ship, we want to eliminate that problem with the pre-ordering.

At this time, our delivery date begins Sept.25. I say begins because we are likely not going to get the full order on that date, but we should be able to get a good quantity of both books to fulfill these pre-orders we receive, and hopefully begin mailing them by Oct. 1 . So far the printer has kept true to the schedule they sent us, so keep your fingers crossed.

So - once we receive confirmation that the first books have been sewn and bound, we are going to start pre-orders, and if the printer keeps the delivery schedule we will have the bulk of all of the books by the middle of October. BUT - we will have enough books to fill pre-orders first, which is how we plan to roll this out - first in, first out. Unfortunately for our dealers we won't have enough books up front to send bulk orders, but that won't last long.

To answer some anticipated questions:

Instructions will be forthcoming on how to inform us of your existing book number. This is going to be a monumental task, we managed it quite well with matching Vol.1 to Kriegsmodell, so I'm hoping the same happens with this one. Basically, when you order you will put your book number in the "Comments" section on www.thirdpartypress.com.

We are going to offer 2 items for sale - complete numbered sets of 4 books (for those that have none of our previous books) and the two volume set, which will be shipped together. We are NOT going to sell each book from Volume 2 separately, it's not the way this works. We have just enough Kreigsmodell books to make the numbered sets we are offering and a few spares, no more are coming. If you don't have Vol.3 but you do have Vol.1, you will probably no longer be able to order it once we start selling Volume 2, at least until the few we have left run out. Put it this way - we have less than 30 loose Kriegsmodell books left after we make the 100 numbered sets we plan on selling.

I don't have the price yet. Actually I do have an idea, but I've decided to wait until we announce pre-ordering to release it. I think it will be well received. It's Christmas, just a week or so left to find out.

I will be announcing when pre-ordering starts on this forum, and on this forum only. I suspect it will be next Tue-Wed, but remember that is subject to the printer giving us confirmation that books are done with sewing/binding. After they finish that they go through QC before we even have a chance at them.

The pages shown look great, you guys have to be pleased!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recall that there are no plans for additional books runs? So once 1, 2 and 3 sell out, that's it? God, these things are gonna go really high on the resale market when that occurs, glad that I'm getting my copies now.

Will you be at any shows where it would be possible to get them signed? I bought 1 and 3 when they came out, more or less, and they are not signed. I'd like to fix this if possible, but mailing them to you all seems like a bad idea for everyone involved.

My hands are starving for these. I will be grabbing Vol's 1 & 2 at the same time. Vol 3 I have and it's dust jacket is worn from back and forth shelf removal..

I recall that there are no plans for additional books runs? So once 1, 2 and 3 sell out, that's it? God, these things are gonna go really high on the resale market when that occurs, glad that I'm getting my copies now.

Will you be at any shows where it would be possible to get them signed? I bought 1 and 3 when they came out, more or less, and they are not signed. I'd like to fix this if possible, but mailing them to you all seems like a bad idea for everyone involved.

Correct, once these are sold out we aren't going to reprint them, it's too expensive to do.

As to signatures, we go to the SOS but other than that I got no idea what to do for you. You could do a malilout, but I would wait about a year, lol.

I go to the SOS almost every year, as its local to me. That's probably probably the best option. Thank you all for putting these books out, it's done the community a big service.

Oh, man you guys are brutal...stop teasing me!

Can't wait to add this to the set...Lucky #13!

SOS 2018 signing

We will be glad to sign any books you guys have if you come to SOS next year.

B.

Aside of Vol.IIa + b matching to my set of Vol.I and Vol.III I'll get myself another two sets of all four books ... I think they will turn out to be a better investment than any gun I own :googlie

Volume II Status

We will be offering a limited number of signed and numbered full sets (Vol I, IIa, IIb, and III).
These will be on a first come first served basis.

Our supply of Kreigsmodells is limited so if you want one of the full numbered sets suggest you
follow the forum and look for Mikes announcement of pre-purchase.

This should happen early next week if our schedule with the printer holds up.

Will be keeping you guys up date on developments.

For all of those that purchased numbered sets in prior years, your numbers will carry through on
your Volume II order. As per the previous system, there will be a signed and numbered label inside
the cover on Volume II as per signed and numbered VI and III.

Thanks,
Bruce and Mike

Military Rifle Journal
Back