Third Party Press

Ar42 Zf-41 question.

mowzerluvr

Hey Buddy, is that an E/4 in your pocket?
Anyone here well versed enough on Zf-41's to tell me if an AR42 in the "k" suffix range would be correct as an original?

Ar42

No problem. Send over any material you like and will check it out.

B.

Here she is. The rear sight leaf is a m/m. The stock has been replaced due to it being sported years ago from what we can tell. (Dave Roberts lives a few minutes from me and was gracious enough to go over it in person with me). Though the stock is totally unmarked, not even a serial number in the channel. Under the butt plate are only the letters WKK. The man I got it from had it in his personal collection for many years. One last issue is it was tapped for a "peep site" on the right side of the receiver bridge but has been well repaired and the only evidence is from the inside of the bridge. Original scope and mount though not numbered to the rifle. I know better, closer photos are warranted but with my back in the pain it's in, for now these will have to tell the tale.
DSC04206.jpgDSC04207.jpgDSC04208.jpgDSC04209.jpgDSC04210.jpgDSC04211.jpgDSC04212.jpgDSC04213.jpgDSC04214.jpgDSC04215.jpg

Lol, crickets.... Maybe I should explain. Meaning I have never heard of one in the "k" block. Wondering if it's legit. Have an interested party and want to know what I'm selling. Want to be fair. Any observations or input would be appreciated.

Nice rifle you have. Also a "k" block answering my main question. Also with a cupped butt plate stock. Mine has no serial numbers in the channel or hand guard so I'm assuming a stock mismatch still as I'm sure they didn't just forget to number this one. Yes, mounts are numbered on the ears and also another number in electro pen on the caps, seen in photos above. Here's the photos of the scope rail.
DSC04241.jpgDSC04245.jpg

Zf41

To be honest the ZF41 rail is real, but the fact the rear sight leaf/sight parts are a mismatch leaves room for further investigation. Stock should be numbered as you said already. Are there WaA on right side rear sight assembly? Since rear sight does not match and stock with cut out does not match this might be a personal call on whether rifle satisfies you. I would think your rear sight should be numbered like the K block in the link above I posted. Certainly hurts value.

Those numbered caps on scope mount are from a different mount.

Thanks for posting.

Last edited:
Berlin Zf41

The base rifle minus the stock looks good with the exception of the repair for the Lyman mount.
Any numbering or evidence of scrubbing in the stock barrel channel?

'k' block fine for 1942 Mauser Berlin production as they range well into the 'l' block.

IMO the routing for the ZF41 is not period original and likely done when the stock was replaced.

No, no signs at all of tampering with the stock. That is why it's so perplexing. It's an amazing piece of lumber but no evidence of how it came to be. I was thinking a repro stock but for how long the previous owner claimed to have owned it. Just doesn't fit. Will remain an enigma it seems. As for the rear sight parts, the leaf is numbered to another rifle. The remaining parts are unmarked and unproofed. The sight base has no right side proofing. The buyer has been apprised of all of these issues. I sold it priced according to an entry level Zf41 rifle.

My AR42 RC is 8230i. What's he asking for it? It's a step up from mine. This is what I use for reenacting.

t

Attachments

• IMG_1829.jpg
    IMG_1829.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1828.jpg
    IMG_1828.jpg
    294 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1827.jpg
    IMG_1827.jpg
    310.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1830.jpg
    IMG_1830.jpg
    290.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3514.jpg
    IMG_3514.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 19
My AR42 RC is 8230i. What's he asking for it? It's a step up from mine. This is what I use for reenacting.

t

He's not asking, he's buying it. The rifle is mine. I just wanted to open the door on it for vetting before selling it so the seller knew exactly what it was.

I literally owned it for a week T. Didn't even post it for sale just mentioned in conversation to a member I had just got it and if I sold it, I'd ask (specified price) and he said he'd take it. It has it's problems as mentioned but is a really nice shooter at least. And it looks pretty good.

Military Rifle Journal
Back