Third Party Press

Byf44 Fblock scoped K98k

Hey

I am new here to the forums and I recently got my hand on this rifle. I already know a little of it but I would like to know some more about it.

4cced9e1efdb616ed00f2d3f759a4bce.jpg
f70ab2cf040df562e3ea5b5a2d87944a.jpg
51ef65ac1b1912c58df4f361150bd870.jpg
e0cda6f06501962350f70581db59d7c6.jpg
fb26751f6e86bf76848aed6f20b8c52d.jpg
bab5c6588d1592e82c569d71c70edefd.jpg
3308edabde68f3c63b068b1cb97c9734.jpg
bcc1d1c9e9b157dfab078f9ef9b74f36.jpg
43baa1ce4a6512c42bbfa1bdb32ee426.jpg
9e71ac4621264e9433b5388da59095e3.jpg
8688cb8bbb543197ca674b89a71e45d2.jpg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Yes, sadly nothing about the rifle is original, all the numbering is fake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugh it's a forged, "force matched" rifle. Unfortunately as such it has very little value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is quite interesting for an uneducated guy like myself. So what are you guys seeing that make you all so sure it is fake. I'm guessing the fonts for starters but what else are you seeing. I'm not questioning anyone, just real egger to learn!

This is quite interesting for an uneducated guy like myself. So what are you guys seeing that make you all so sure it is fake. I'm guessing the fonts for starters but what else are you seeing. I'm not questioning anyone, just real egger to learn!

Fonts are bad, cartouche on the stock is bogus, waffenamts in the metal are fake. High turrets have the stock take down disc and not the km butt plate. No sniper safety ++++ more

Fonts are bad, cartouche on the stock is bogus, waffenamts in the metal are fake. High turrets have the stock take down disc and not the km butt plate. No sniper safety ++++ more

Agree.
But how can you see at the outside that this rifle is a HT sniper.

It must had been an awful lot of work to produce this rifle, and the guy who did it was good at doing it. But he of course did some errors.

- The elevation ring on the scope is not as it should be. Why?
- Ajack scopes in turret mounts had a long rainshield in place. This scope doesn't, it has the short housing. Possibly the focal adjustment ring was removed and hidden behind the rear turret ring. Usually turret mounted Ajack scopes would have a small focal fixture screw on bottom - this one doesn't. Also note the Ajack scopes are always soldered that way in turret rings that the front ring is at the very front position where it could be - with this scope it isn't.
- Stock serial number on bottom is overstamped, you can see the original serial number below
- receiver serial is with a capital suffix. If it were original, it should have a lowercase suffix
- late BYF rifles to my knowledge only had the last two digits on the cocking piece/firing pin locking thingie ... whatever you call that in English, the part at the very end of the bolt
- I don't know the scope serial, but already with that it should be able to tell whether it's correct for a late HT rifle (as it should resemble with all the stamped and welded parts and the late Kriegsmodell-stock), or incorrect

I think most people were assuming from the late features that this rifle should be a HT rifle. If I'm seeing it correctly the front base has a stopping plate screw, therefore the front base appears to be an original LT base. This on the other hand - especially with all the late features - would be incorrect for the at least 1944 dating rifle.

Also note the fonts on the serial number are different on the metal parts. While on the barrel band and magazine floorplate it has serifs, on the bolt and receiver it doesn't have serifs.

man...what a shitty hump job...garbage. pure garbage

I disagree. A good done job and for certain would fool a lot of people who are not that familiar with K98k sniper rifles. There are minor mistakes, but would had the persons known these, I'm sure he would had been able to avoid them and make a perfect fake.

Military Rifle Journal
Back