Third Party Press
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Volume II available for pre-order now!

Time to celebrate-!!!!! My mail carrier came to my door around 1/2 hr ago and gave me a heavy box. Double Volume 2. It's as if Christmas, Fathers Day, Birthday were all rolled into one. Very well packed. Looked through both real quick. Great pictures of K98's, German troops with, information from A-Z. Quality books as their predecessors were, can't wait to really dive into both books. Haven't read Vols 1 and 3 completely yet (just bought in Aug). I love fall, the temps, bow hunting, the colors, fall smells, and such, but bring on a old fashioned Iowa 12" snowfall with 40 mph winds (a/k/a blizzard), I'll settle in with a pot of coffee and read and read and read. Thank you Bruce and Mike for all your fine work, the hours you put into the Volume 2, sacrifice from family, many late hours, and all whoever helped. These will become the go-too books for a long time for K98k's of this time period as Vol 1 and 3 were for their time periods. Thank you veddy much!!! Der Jagar
    Had that wonderful new book smell too!!!!
    Last edited by Der Jagar; 10-05-2017 at 01:12 PM. Reason: add info

Received mine today! Beautiful work!
    Last edited by nw00738; 10-08-2017 at 11:01 AM.

Default Volume 2 Received

Received mine yesterday. 21a set now complete. Stayed up to 1PM reading and got up at 4AM to resume reading.
    Thanks great work.

Same here 002c complete. Beautiful work. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfarb View Post
    Want to make a note - if you are ordering from overseas, USE THE PAYPAL OPTION You can used your credit card there - some people are having issues from overseas addresses matching up to cards, the problem is Authorize.net, the credit card middle man who cross checks addresses/cards. Their system has problems matching up certain foreign addresses, I have no idea why some work fine and others don't. If your order doesn't go through the first time try the PayPal option. This even happens with some US addresses. So if you are having issues with the system not accepting your card, try the PayPal option. It's on the first section of the ordering screen. Thanks. [/B]
    Just a heads up, TPP's credit card approval system/provider is seriously flawed.

I initially tried paying via Visa card 3 times - the site told me my details were incorrect and the transaction declined, so I went Paypal - no issue.

So, i check my Visa card later today, and there are 3 x transactions of $201 USD on my account!!! Despite saying declined, they charged it 3 times!

Needless to say, I contacted TPP immediately and ask they reverse the 3 visa transactions immediately - no response as yet from Uncle Michael :P. I have contacted my bank, but since these transactions are pending, cannot do anything yet - I can dispute it IF the transactions go through.

This is a monumental FUBAR by TPP's credit card company - declining a trans and yet STILL PROCESSING IT! WTF?!!!

Just beware as Mike said and USE PAYPAL! RTFQ dumbo...(me...not you...yet...)
    Last edited by S/42; 10-09-2017 at 06:00 AM.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid

Quote Originally Posted by S/42 View Post
    Just a heads up, TPP's credit card approval system/provider is seriously flawed.

I initially tried paying via Visa card 3 times - the site told me my details were incorrect and the transaction declined, so I went Paypal - no issue.

So, i check my Visa card later today, and there are 3 x transactions of $201 USD on my account!!! Despite saying declined, they charged it 3 times!

Needless to say, I contacted TPP immediately and ask they reverse the 3 visa transactions immediately - no response as yet from Uncle Michael :P. I have contacted my bank, but since these transactions are pending, cannot do anything yet - I can dispute it IF the transactions go through.

This is a monumental FUBAR by TPP's credit card company - declining a trans and yet STILL PROCESSING IT! WTF?!!!

Just beware as Mike said and USE PAYPAL! RTFQ dumbo...(me...not you...yet...)
    I've had exactly the same issue. My Credit Card provider informed me that the money is only reserved for the Credit Card system TPP is using. They need to "get" it. So check again after one week and they should not have charged your Credit Card.

Yeah, my only issue is I used a debit Visa, 3 x, so am out $600 til it refunds! And I have a gun I need to buy...

Let me explain how credit cards work, and what your issue is. We personally don't approve/disapprove/charge any credit cards, we have 3 companies involved in that process. 1 company (Auhthorize.net) vets the purchases, meaning they determine if the credit card is valid and matches the address on the card. The website provider, Volusion, takes the actual information which you put in to the system and provides it to Authorize.net. If anything does not match, the transaction is declined. If you tried 3 times, you presented your card to be charged 3 times. Your credit card company holds those funds in anticipation that you spent that money, not TPP. TPP has no hold on the money, in fact all 3 of your transactions using that card were declined. The last company in our chain of custody is the company that actually transfers the money from your account to mine (that is TSYS). Perhaps TSYS doesn't get the memo, or it's industry standard, but I actually never see your 3 declined orders. I probably could search the online history and find them, but I never see them because they are declined.

Overseas credit card purchases are the #1 form of credit card fraud online, so extra scrutiny is put on those transactions. If just one tiny thing doesn't match, DECLINED. If you use your nickname - DECLINED. If you put your postal code on the wrong line - DECLINED. If your address is odd and not exactly how the credit card company has on file - DECLINED.

So, to prevent that, I wrote in RED letters for overseas buyers to use PayPal. PayPal has a different system of vetting credit card users, mostly because the majority of users have previously used credit cards through them or have an actual account, meaning they can track fraudulent activity more easily overseas.

By the way, I have to manually approve each transaction, and since I never see the declined transactions they are never charged. I'm not sure what the hold time is, but I've had similar problems with my own purchases before, and I think it's 3 days.
    Order the new K98k book at www.thirdpartypress.com
    Don't forget to visit www.latewar.com for info on late war 98k's.

Yeah, I know... but the odd thing is i entered the details precisely as is printed on my bank statements and still bingo. When I rang the bank, they confirmed details etc so its odd.

To top it all off, being a debit visa, the x3 holds overdrew the account last night when the fourth payment (Paypal) went through, so the bank charged an overdraw fee....grrrrrr (I keep funds in there low so fraud attempts won't get much if they succeed).

You better write something dopey for the dope in the books Mike :P

Senior Member Winchester Cowboy's Avatar

My books arrived yesterday. Excellent work. Thanks!