Third Party Press

G33-40 Brno Carbine All matching bringback

1Historynut

As luck would have it , I found this G33-40 at a local gunshow. I have only owned a couple and this is the first one that it entirely matching. Receiver, bolt and stock numbered 7969, dot 1941. It has the early style three piece walnut stock with excellent stamps. Original sling too. Bore is excellent. Very happy Camper!

Attachments

• 148.jpg
    148.jpg
    310.9 KB · Views: 234
  • 149.jpg
    149.jpg
    310 KB · Views: 215
  • 150.jpg
    150.jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 187
  • 152.jpg
    152.jpg
    312.4 KB · Views: 169
  • 153.jpg
    153.jpg
    306 KB · Views: 195
  • 154.jpg
    154.jpg
    309.3 KB · Views: 167
Nice, in messed with example! You are extremely fortunate to find one with the correct rod and hood.

Thanks Bill....here are a couple more pic's of the stock.

Attachments

• 077.jpg
    077.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 96
  • 079.jpg
    079.jpg
    292.4 KB · Views: 89
Here are Soldiers laughing a recruit trying to shoot left handed with a g33-40.

Attachments

• vvv.jpg
    vvv.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 154
Here is a bit of interesting trivia about these carbine's found in another forum. Apparently not that popular with the Troops. I'll give mine a try one day.

According to John Walter in the various iterations of Guns of the Third Reich, the Gew.33/40 was heartily disliked by both Gebirgsjager and Fallschirmjager troops for its stupendous muzzle blast and flash, cannon-like report, and mule-kick recoil.

Firing it prone was reportedly sheer torture. It may not have broken any collarbones, but it certainly sprained more than a few shoulders.

It was one reason the paratroops asked for the FG-42. And why they were willing to put up with the extra weight (11 lbs empty) and drawbacks in handling (like “monopoding” on the magazine in prone firing) of the MkB-42/MP-43/StG-44 series.

I guess no harm, no foul since no one had bid but personally I do wish that if one decides to auction something, they wouldn’t end it early. If an item is available to sell via other channels, either don’t put it up for auction in the first place or wait til the auction is over. I’m not referring to this instance specifically and there are several reasons why an auction might be ended early but there have been several recent GB auctions I’ve had my eye on that were ended early due to selling the gun through other means and it’s a little annoying honestly even if it doesn’t technically break any GB rules (that I’m aware of). I guess I feel like putting an item up for auction should be more of a commitment than it apparently is.

He is a flipper. He should have at least offered it here first. Still a really nice rifle.

I get annoyed with "flippers". They come here acquiring information and defacto free advertising which is essentially competition against all of us. That is, they swoop in, buy something, get the info that we are sharing amongst each other fraternally, then auction it. It just seems cheesy to me. Is my disdain for this misplaced? Should I not consider this cheesy?

I get annoyed with "flippers". They come here acquiring information and defacto free advertising which is essentially competition against all of us. That is, they swoop in, buy something, get the info that we are sharing amongst each other fraternally, then auction it. It just seems cheesy to me. Is my disdain for this misplaced? Should I not consider this cheesy?

Your disdain is much to gentle and refined. Doing this sort of thing is just flat out wrong ......

Flipper, really? I've owned this rifle for a while didn't pick it up yesterday.
In any case I had seller's remorse right after I posted it on GB. Before there was even one bid or a question about it I ended it.
So back in the safe it went. End of story.
I don't live and breathe by this Forum so sorry if I didn't provide proper notification to you all.

As luck would have it , I found this G33-40 at a local gunshow. I have only owned a couple and this is the first one that it entirely matching. Receiver, bolt and stock numbered 7969, dot 1941. It has the early style three piece walnut stock with excellent stamps. Original sling too. Bore is excellent. Very happy Camper!

Just wondering about the hand guard. Appears to be lam, which I would not expect on an early '41. Can the HB be confirmed to match, when time allows... thx/

Military Rifle Journal
Back