Third Party Press

Bd38

dingo

Hi. Want to show you this one that came today. This one is going to ATF for aproval

Attachments

• 20170928_140422.jpg
    20170928_140422.jpg
    293.4 KB · Views: 128
  • 20170928_163036.jpg
    20170928_163036.jpg
    332.8 KB · Views: 143
  • 20170928_163045.jpg
    20170928_163045.jpg
    364.5 KB · Views: 100
  • 20170928_163053.jpg
    20170928_163053.jpg
    316.2 KB · Views: 119
  • 20170928_163056.jpg
    20170928_163056.jpg
    313.2 KB · Views: 102
  • 20170928_163130.jpg
    20170928_163130.jpg
    319.3 KB · Views: 97
  • 20170928_163822.jpg
    20170928_163822.jpg
    309.5 KB · Views: 97
  • 20170928_163829.jpg
    20170928_163829.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 101
  • 20170928_163959.jpg
    20170928_163959.jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 120
Are these firearms fixed now so you can pull the trigger when the bolt is pulled back and locked into the "safe" position and NOT have the firing mechanism freeze up? I remember reading posts about the internals locking up inside on the earlier ones that were imported to I.O. when the trigger was pulled while the bolt was locked back. I.O. even posted a notice about it and offered a "how to fix" explanation for it as well.

Dog

The mechanics are totaly different now. I have tested them and no problem with them. This new parts can be put inside the old ones with only parts swapp

There is also a part inside now that make sure that you cant over run it and get hammer fall. I tested it last week and fired it as fast as I my finger moved. I have had original MP38 s, and it will fire almost as fast as an original( depends on your finger of course )

There is also a part inside now that make sure that you cant over run it and get hammer fall. I tested it last week and fired it as fast as I my finger moved. I have had original MP38 s, and it will fire almost as fast as an original( depends on your finger of course )

Sweet! er.. Herrovragend!

That's awesome! I love my old IO/SSD MP. I always had a problem of out running the bolt during firing and having to field strip it to clear it, ad nauseam. I ended up putting a nylon dowel in the spring tube to reduce the rear wards bolt travel.... But then there was the unrelated issue of firing pins breaking. I had to get custom parts made to fix that, oh and the hammer sear fitting. The original hammer and sears had a tendency to fire on the trigger pull and again on the trigger release, which could've been fun (think ar15 "binary" triggers) except the damn hammer would drop before the bolt got back forward. New replacement parts fixed that issue though.

I'm stoked to see that it appears to have been remedied and I can hopefully get new parts and be rid of my mickey mouse set up!

I never understood why they put the later "push pull" chg handle on these being closed bolt. Accidentally bump it and fire it in the locked in position and it chews up the receiver. I switched my chg handle out with an original NOS early type chg handle.

Are these firearms fixed now so you can pull the trigger when the bolt is pulled back and locked into the "safe" position and NOT have the firing mechanism freeze up? I remember reading posts about the internals locking up inside on the earlier ones that were imported to I.O. when the trigger was pulled while the bolt was locked back. I.O. even posted a notice about it and offered a "how to fix" explanation for it as well.

Dog
There is a block inside now, there is not possible to pull the trigger when the bolt is in safe. Only when the bolt is fully closed, the trigger will fire.

That's awesome! I love my old IO/SSD MP. I always had a problem of out running the bolt during firing and having to field strip it to clear it, ad nauseam. I ended up putting a nylon dowel in the spring tube to reduce the rear wards bolt travel.... But then there was the unrelated issue of firing pins breaking. I had to get custom parts made to fix that, oh and the hammer sear fitting. The original hammer and sears had a tendency to fire on the trigger pull and again on the trigger release, which could've been fun (think ar15 "binary" triggers) except the damn hammer would drop before the bolt got back forward. New replacement parts fixed that issue though.

I'm stoked to see that it appears to have been remedied and I can hopefully get new parts and be rid of my mickey mouse set up!

I never understood why they put the later "push pull" chg handle on these being closed bolt. Accidentally bump it and fire it in the locked in position and it chews up the receiver. I switched my chg handle out with an original NOS early type chg handle.

Not legal to make a weapon without safety in Europe, will have looked stupid with some other kind of added on safety. Dont think ATF likes weapons without safety eder.

I will make a complete upgrade kitt for the old ones

Looks awesome dingo. Never forget holdin the real thing back in the 80s. I was turned into department I worked for by a woman who's husband had passed that brought it back from the war. Still had the sling and all. Recall the mag was stamped MP 38/40. Thanks for sharing with us.

Tor and I have traded emails on my IO/SSD MP38C and I am hoping to get the complete upgrade for it. I traded into this gun not long ago and the FCG had been modified with an AR15 hammer and what looks to be a STEN disconnector. and spring is in it. It works but the safety does not work and the spring tube assembly is gone. I want to convert back to what was approved and the new upgrade looks to be exactly what I need. Tor is great to work with as well. Harry

Far cry of a new bd38 from Italy

Dog
There is a block inside now, there is not possible to pull the trigger when the bolt is in safe. Only when the bolt is fully closed, the trigger will fire.

Hi, I've bought from an italian gunsmith (far from me, so I prefer to solve the problem by myself if possible) a new bd38, closed bolt with internal hammer locking (i.e. you can't pull the trigger and unlock the hammer when you're in open bolt). The first time I've disassembled it for greasing etc when I reassembled it with closed bolt, this one rested blocked in closed position, no movement at all. (I think that the problems comes from the interference of the hammer safety with the rear part of the bolt). I've overrided the problem reassembling the beast in open bolt mode (that is bolt pulled back and locked into the "safe" position). In this way, unlocking gently the bolt, this one finds its correct position and the gun is ready to go.
Gone to the shooting field the gun worked fine but sometimes the receiver slightly rotate respect the frame during the shot causing the block of the bolt in closed position & no more movement at all (again)...so field strip and reassembling in open bolt mode to get the bd working again. This is the most annoying problem I've experienced, overrided keeping firmly the gun forcing anticlockwise the magazine holder during the use. I think the problems comes from the take down button.
Have you experienced this last problem and solved it? Thanks in advance

Alessandro, Sanremo (Italy)

Military Rifle Journal
Back