Third Party Press

Hi from England

hammo

Hi all,

Just bought my first K98, very tough to find many for sale here in the UK.
I shoot often, mostly pest control, fox and deer.
It is more restricted here, so I will not be able to start a collection of K98's! sadly.
I am looking forward to learning as much as I can here, its a fascinating rifle.

hammo

Hello and welcome Hammo!There are a few of us from England here.Have no doubt that this is THE BEST forum on the k98 anywhere in the world and the guys here are honest and helpfull.:thumbsup:

And another newbie from England!
Looking for a K98 to shoot and enjoy to go with my LE No4 and as you mentioned not many for sale here.
Already learnt loads from the forum - the pictures are a great idea for comparisons!

Send me some good ale or scotch and I'll send you parts to build a K98, wishful thinking I guess, but welcome. My family of Scottish immigrants miss the old country.

Quality alcohol we do have!
I'm at the other end of the country though - South of London.
Thanks for the welcome. - Should be off to look at a couple of K98s this week....

Hey! thanks for the warm welcome!

IMG_1286.jpgIMG_1290.jpgIMG_1272.jpg
Post one up if you get a rifle bud:thumbsup:

byf 43
Ser. 32954 C
Bolt has force matched numbers
Stock has non matching serial, and 6 35 41 date code.
Rear sight has the side rail for ZF41 scope.

Great to see there are some other UK members here.
Really wish I had done more homework before buying this Rifle, although it is shooting great with my homeloads.
I don't feel too bad about what I paid for it, but it would actually be better with a non matching bolt than this bodged force match.
I have learnt so much on here in just a few weeks, and am deeply engrossed in the Books I bought here recently.

Interested to hear from any UK members, who may have advice on collectors fairs etc, in the UK that are worth visiting?

hammo

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back