Third Party Press
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CXN bakelite Dienstglas 6x30

Default CXN bakelite Dienstglas 6x30

Here is my newest find..These arent super rare just very scarce. More scarce to find un-fogged and not broken. The first set I bought were repaired and the adjustments didnt work and were as foggy as a morning on cape cod. This time I struck pay dirt.. These are crystal clear with only a few black specs. Adjustments are smooth and work. The hinges are crack free and move nicely. Even has the original neck strap and it's still soft !!! I'm a happy boy.

Of note, I wanted to try to show how the two halfs are held together with spanner type scews. The rear screw has the blue triangle for cold weather conditions. The front screw has the serial # of the glasses stamped on it. As no stamping could be done into the bakelite. These were issued in a prestoff case not a bakelite case as the metal ones were. Go figure?
    The cases are generally coded CXN4 and were made by Busch as well..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mauser99; 08-12-2011 at 05:00 PM.

Default Whoaa

Sweet pair that I have been looking for. They are hard to get. My buddy Miles sold a pair several months ago that I should have bought. Nice catch...

Default Nice Nice Nice!

Amazing that these have survived in this condition, no major cracking in the bakelite... too cool. I can imagine how many of these were just trashed during the war, just wearing them around your neck and having to dive to the ground I can just hear the crunch as they crack... Great piece of history. Is there any date code or number on these?

Default ???

They were made in 1944 and there is a serial range. I have to contact a guy on the waf forum who is the bino guru. There is some mention of these in weaver's book on Kunstoffe.
    They arent dated but the cases are. CXN4 for 1944. One thing they did is added two sets of strap holder loops. I assume to take the strain off the single loop.
    Last edited by mauser99; 08-12-2011 at 01:59 PM.

Very nice and they have been on my want list....BILL

Great looking pair of binoculars! For some reason, I really like 6 x 30's. Ron
    Last edited by tanker1; 08-11-2011 at 02:14 PM.

Default what ???

Thats saying something.. I guess they are a little scarce. And way overpriced at the dealer level..

Quote Originally Posted by bill grist View Post
    Very nice and they have been on my want list....BILL

Default disected ! cxn's

here is a rare view of a set dissassembled.. Dont try this at home..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Is that a scope you have in your pocket?

Wow looks as if I have got some Competition here at the K98K Forum for CXN Binos I too want a set So let the Search begin and may the Best Collector Win . Anyone Know were a set is For Sale . LOL!!!!!!! Seriously Guys Good Luck on Your Search for a Pair . Best Regards

Wow, Wayne that's a great find. I can't remember the last time I saw a pair of those, probably 25 years ago at a small militaria show. Rare binos for sure. Pic stickied.