Third Party Press

44crs

CanadianAR

Canadian Grizzly Eh
Staff member
This arrived this week. A Canadian find for me, originally who knows.

Very high condition 44crs, matching. Only wear is from a leather frog. I may add one, not sure yet, all my others have frogs that can't be removed....this is the fourth in a low ambition level attempt at gathering the 44 dates bayo from each factory. Have 44crs, 44/43asw, 44cof and 44fnj.

Last edited:
very nice piece, looks like it was used or frog was attached for longer time. The metall i would wipe from finger from fingerprints, as they are aggressive, good oiling of blade could be stop it.b.r.Andy

That is a beauty. Examples in that condition are like a work of art.

Good luck in your quest to find one from each maker. 44s are not easy to find, but they are out there. I would not expect to find them all in that condition, but one can hope.......

I know not know what you gave for that one, but one in similar condition sold on eBay just a day or so ago for $300.

I know not know what you gave for that one, but one in similar condition sold on eBay just a day or so ago for $300.

Wow. I wouldn’t go that high, this one is very close to mint, I paid pretty well but not like that. I hope that’s not the future for bayos considering it’s a common code.

I was surprised it sold.

It was/is a common code, in uncommon condition, as is yours.

Military Rifle Journal
Back