Third Party Press
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How big of a mistake did I make?

RKI- Reasonably Knowledgable Individual heavy_mech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slow10ker View Post
    BTW, love your Spreewerk....
    Me too! That's a nice one.

I agree about the strange removal of the sunburst. It does look drilled or ball-milled out.

As far as disputing this the fact the auction says 'bringback' in the title may help your cause as it's obviously not.
    x

Quote Originally Posted by slow10ker View Post
    BTW, love your Spreewerk....
    Thanks! It has an upside down proof which I thought made it pretty interesting.

CYQs are the most interesting because no two are alike...

I like them because they are so rough looking. The grind marks usually seen on the slides are really neat!
    Some P38 "experts" are yo-yo's who, for some reason lost on me, can't or won't accept the truth when it's staring them in the face.

RKI- Reasonably Knowledgable Individual heavy_mech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm View Post
    I like them because they are so rough looking. The grind marks usually seen on the slides are really neat!
    Agreed. I've really come to appreciate this factor. Pre and early weapons are all so finely finished while later on many are not at all. Late Steyr stuff in particular comes to mind. Seems Spree P38s also become brutal as far as finish quality. Certainly an interesting contrast and quite a comment to the circumstances they were made under.
    x

Well that escalated quickly. I can understand his frustration, but he's doubling down that it's an original bringback. Thoughts on how to proceed?

(also mods, apologies if this question doesn't belong here)

I wouldn't worry to much about t the seller. State not as described. Pictures almost look intentionally blurry. Ask him what mark that is exactly and to send a clear picture.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by capt14k; 10-11-2017 at 10:13 PM.

Whats the big deal, if he has a guy wanting too trade on this pistol he has a possible trade deal in the works right now. And the only fees he would have too pay would be the listing fee. Which is what less then $10. Personally I think he's pissed someone called him out on his bullshit.
    "Don't use your musket if you can kill 'em with your hatchet" Major Robert Rogers 1757

So I guess at this point, no good can come from messaging him. I will handle it with GunBroker. The only issue I see is that he will list it as a "100% matching original bring back" again. I don't want this to happen to someone else.

Last edited by nw00738; 10-11-2017 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nw00738 View Post
    So I guess at this point, no good can come from messaging him. I will handle it with GunBroker. The only issue I see is that he will list it as a "100% matching original bring back" again. I don't want this to happen to someone else.
    Post it on the P38 Forum. Then if someone Google searches maybe they will at least find it between here and there

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk