Third Party Press

Late war phosphate Radom pistol

bmwr12

I am looking at a few different pistols. Can someone tell me what parts are numbered on the late phosphate pistols with the wood grips? Thanks

Slide, frame, barrel and grip safety. The safety doesn't always match, I have had a few with that part not matching. Some late guns have unnumbered barrels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you get serious about one, post sone photos and we can help you look over it.

Make sure grips are e/623 marked behind them and that the mag is e/623 marked.

I'm guessing you're looking at a second K block?

I have a really nice original all-matching "H" block type 2 that I may be selling but that's probably much too early for you.

I am waiting on pics from the seller of the one I am considering. I will let you guys check it out before I would buy it.

Yes, definitely let experts check on these. There are some pretty good re-do's on these that will fool a beginer. You should also take the photos to Jan C Still's site. There are some serious experts there AND there's one guy that has "mug shots" of these if they have been run across before. These are serious money and you don't want to get burned on one of the bad ones floating around. Also, somehow make sure the three pins in the back (where the early lever used to be) are good and secure and not easy to move out. That too is a common problem with these. Another problem seems to be a pin in the recoil spring assembly sometimes got broke or lost. Make sure that pin is okay in there and not some piece of wire modified to fix that pin. Lots of little things to look for and a pro on these will know.

There's a couple of experts I personally know and I won't buy any Radom unless I can have one of them check on it first as I'm not the most knowedgeable at them. I got hit twice on two bad late phosphate ones and fortunately I was able to return them. Don't want to scare you off, but they can be problematic.

Last edited:
Yes, definitely let experts check on these. There are some pretty good re-do's on these that will fool a beginer. You should also take the photos to Jan C Still's site. There are some serious experts there AND there's one guy that has "mug shots" of these if they have been run across before. These are serious money and you don't want to get burned on one of the bad ones floating around. Also, somehow make sure the three pins in the back (where the early lever used to be) are good and secure and not easy to move out. That too is a common problem with these. Another problem seems to be a pin in the recoil spring assembly sometimes got broke or lost. Make sure that pin is okay in there and not some piece of wire modified to fix that pin. Lots of little things to look for and a pro on these will know.

There's a couple of experts I personally know and I won't buy any Radom unless I can have one of them check on it first as I'm not the most knowedgeable at them. I got hit twice on two bad late phosphate ones and fortunately I was able to return them. Don't want to scare you off, but they can be problematic.

Who is the expert on Jan Stills forum? I did get some pictures of the pistol but didn't get the grip picture yet. The 2 mag are 189 marked.

Well, I can’t recall his name at the moment. But, if you post it there you’ll receive the info you seek. Ask for the member that has “mug shots” of these. But, there are several advanced Radom members there.

Pass. Not worth your money. Storage issues IMO. I am more lenient than most on late war phosphate application, and that is beyond poor application.

I should add that I know the asking price and it is too high IMO. Knock 1k off and then you have a Type 3 example without breaking the bank. If it had two 623 mags, it would be better as well. Holster is nice though.

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back