Third Party Press
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: bayonets

Quote Originally Posted by Unutt View Post
    Interesting. It sounds as if you have them grouped as three different populations, S codes, named, and maker codes. I did not consider that possibility. I try to arrange mine close to the layout of the matrix that I keep. The way I arrange them however, does not allow for any kind of alphabetical organization. The owner of the k98.free.fr website uses a similar structure as you have described. It is easier to navigate than mine, for sure.
    Yes...I have found this arrangement to work best for me. Forgot to mention, if I were looking at a specific maker and production period (like Eickhorn alpha-coded "cof" S84/98 T3s), they would be laid out in succession from the earliest coded example to the latest. In the event of having several examples produced in the same year, they would also be arranged in succession by serial number. The result is, I can open a drawer which would contain primarily either S-Code, manufacturer named, or alpha-coded examples. If I cannot spot the specific example I want to look at, by picking up any one bayonet and examining the markings & serial number, I will know if the example I seek is farther down the line or precedes it. Commercial S84/98 T3s are more problematical, since many are unattributed. I arrange them in alphabetic order by maker name or logo (a "ACS" bayonet will be "Coppel" or Portuguese S84/98 T3 using the name of the country it was made for). Unattributed "blankos" follow and set out from earliest production to latest. Narrow blade examples are kept together as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Unutt View Post
    EFHorster took the entire top shelf (33 examples).
    Do share what are all the different types you put together for this one, you have me curious as to which ones I need to find. Thanks!

Default Different types

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dynamite View Post
    Do share what are all the different types you put together for this one, you have me curious as to which ones I need to find. Thanks!
    The word 'collection' at the bottom of my post is a link to the matrix that I used to track what I have and what I need. It has a list of makers down the side, and years / codes across the top. I sort of copied it from the matrix that is posted at http://k98.free.fr/

The green rectangles in the matrix are links to pictures of the actual examples. A few have been posted on this forum, but most have not.

The matrix is in no way a complete list of the examples that exist. For each year and maker, there are a number of variants (in some cases, many variants). It is just a list of makers, and the years they produced k98 bayonets, and the codes they used to identify their art. And it does not include unattributed examples.

Ah thank you, I didnt realize clicking each square was a link further. Phones certainly do have their limits for smooth surfing