Third Party Press

More dealers of humped shite.

Micro Jo another good series could be about well known humpers of K98k Rifles. There are more than a few to start with on gunbroker.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
What I know about guns, you could fit onto the head of a match. :facepalm:
I`ve always thought that a jolly good stabbing was the way to go.
Latter was, of course a joke.

Getting the guns would cost thousands to find out what we know already. No one really does them good enough yet to need a microscope.

I was really just wanting the humpers called out and exposed in his comedic style.

Micro Jo another good series could be about well known humpers of K98k Rifles. There are more than a few to start with on gunbroker.

Farb raised the prospect of a dedicated "Turd Alert" type forum (like the old days) here for the exclusive purpose of outing humpjobs. I would even propose an award for the most ridiculous humper of the year outed. It's high time we started this back up I think. I work for Farb and Bruce though, but knowing them I'd say something like that is probable.

turd-pool.gif

Last edited:
Good thought about dealers of humped crap. Maybe an infamy forum with a collection of listings would work. It is frequently the same people and when their junk doesn't sell, it commonly gets moved down the food chain to a dealer who doesn't know the difference and is left holding the bag.

It is frequently the same people and when their junk doesn't sell, it commonly gets moved down the food chain to a dealer who doesn't know the difference and is left holding the bag.
Well pretty clear to see that the folk here know what they are talking about, because this ↑↑↑ is exactly how it works. All the large dealers have their favorite auction house too, to send non-sellable items to. And what usually happens, is that you will recognize an item listed at xXx auctions, as being the same that was sitting on some dealers site for years for say $500.-, and all of a sudden it will sell for $2500.- ... only to then be relisted on another (friends) web site a year or so later for $1200.-
MINDGAMES, because they know that interested people will google search, find "WOW, a similar one sold last year for $2500.- and this kind dealer only asks $1200.- ! better be quick and press BUY NOW" thing is, though, said item never sold anyway, and only got shifted between dealer-friends and auction house friends... ending up with the otherwise non-sellable for $500.- … selling for $1200.-
:happy0180:

Well pretty clear to see that the folk here know what they are talking about, because this ↑↑↑ is exactly how it works. All the large dealers have their favorite auction house too, to send non-sellable items to. And what usually happens, is that you will recognize an item listed at xXx auctions, as being the same that was sitting on some dealers site for years for say $500.-, and all of a sudden it will sell for $2500.- ... only to then be relisted on another (friends) web site a year or so later for $1200.-
MINDGAMES, because they know that interested people will google search, find "WOW, a similar one sold last year for $2500.- and this kind dealer only asks $1200.- ! better be quick and press BUY NOW" thing is, though, said item never sold anyway, and only got shifted between dealer-friends and auction house friends... ending up with the otherwise non-sellable for $500.- … selling for $1200.-
:happy0180:
I'm am glad you brought that up because I know a certain former collector would play the exact type of game with her Mosins. List on forum at $5k mark sold and remove pics right away. Wait for Google bot to pickup listing. Try and Sell on Facebook at $3k. Using previous fake forum sale as reference. I'm convinced certain dealers do the same thing with gunbroker. Item sells as ridiculous price. Only to be relisted later on gunbroker or sold privately using fake gunbroker sale as reference.

I'm am glad you brought that up because I know a certain former collector would play the exact type of game with her Mosins.
And when a dealer has their own aution platform attached to their site (like many do now, Germans, Canadians and Americans), it would be pretty easy.
We are following fake a certain expensive fake on the Hj Forum for a few years now...

wee-2.jpg

...and what we have noticed over the past few years, is that the same items are being listed on Emedals auctions, selling... and then being relisted a year later. Selling again.. and then a year later up again. Different prices, same item(s).... fishy, very fishy.

weemeds-1.jpg

This kind of "tracking fakes and sticking to one fake like sxxx to a blanket - following it and the seller around for years without having the thread go off topic or get closed" is only possible on a neutral forum. Try and tell the WAF squad that these are fake? we have, and they go into Orangutan mode, with the same orange beasts bombing the thread and getting their old wig chums to terrorize you.

I believe that many people - like the folk here - "twigged" long what was happening and who the old wigs were, and have started to fight back.

I'm convinced certain dealers do the same thing with gunbroker. Item sells as ridiculous price. Only to be relisted later on gunbroker or sold privately using fake gunbroker sale as reference.

I'm convinced of this as well. There were a good half dozen 'transactions' involving the same 2 or 3 players. I have very strong suspicions none of those high dollar 'sales' were ever completed. Just a shill to 'show' a high dollar sale for this particular piece.

Or those same people paid double, triple or quadruple what would be high retail?

This kind of "tracking fakes and sticking to one fake like sxxx to a blanket - following it and the seller around for years without having the thread go off topic or get closed" is only possible on a neutral forum. Try and tell the WAF squad that these are fake? we have, and they go into Orangutan mode, with the same orange beasts bombing the thread and getting their old wig chums to terrorize you.

I believe that many people - like the folk here - "twigged" long what was happening and who the old wigs were, and have started to fight back.

All accurate observations in the posts supra. With firearms we see Gunbonker as a vehicle for this. It is why a seller will see some outrageous "winning bid", then decide to sell his same item and get 1/3 of the price. But but, how can that be? :googlie

As for forums, the standard practice is to have an associated toadie mod simply delete, censor and ban to stop all discussion that does not advance the agenda. All web searches and reads on that issue are then confined to the dictated narrative. Since there are no contrary views to be seen, this must be the truth. The other ploy, when the mod is not associated with the scam, but merely sympathetic to those pushing it, is the toadie angry clown attack which allows the mod to lock and "adjust" (i.e., sanitize and censor) the thread because it has "gotten out of hand with personal attacks" and the thread has "outlived its usefulness".

We've trained the angry clowns here as I'll let a thread go on forever :laugh: You see a surge of personal attacks from low post count people who logged on expecting to stop the discussion that would be deleted and censored at, say WAF, by trolling and creating chaos. We accept chaos as part of the game. People can choose not to read it and even block from view the posts of those whose posts they don't like. Our tactics work here and I've found that the simple concept of letting adults have their say works wonders in getting to the truth.

Above 2 Posts are 100% correct.

Gunsrc comes to mind on gunbroker.

The reason the threads on gunboards about the fake SCW Polish Re-Stamp were deleted was because the Taboo subject of fake Finnish SA Stamps came up. It fit the subject matter, but one of their toadies jumped in and attacked Hambone. Posts were deleted and entire thread was killed. Next thread about it killed again to hide the first deleted thread. Then the third thread killed immediately. Other Mods told me the first thread was deleted by those at the top. Now why wouldn't anyone want to discuss fake SA Stamps? Hmmmm.

Another interesting tactic is to verify the authenticity of a fake with another fake. Now suddenly they are both real.

..Another interesting tactic is to verify the authenticity of a fake with another fake. Now suddenly they are both real.

Of course! Certainly some forums are putting a damper on this tactic however. It's been tried many times just that I know of. 'Nazi' 8mm Carcanos. Model Bs (not the real ones). M95s. Def hedz. Surely there are many more that fit this category.

Above 2 Posts are 100% correct.

Gunsrc comes to mind on gunbroker.

The reason the threads on gunboards about the fake SCW Polish Re-Stamp were deleted was because the Taboo subject of fake Finnish SA Stamps came up. It fit the subject matter, but one of their toadies jumped in and attacked Hambone. Posts were deleted and entire thread was killed. Next thread about it killed again to hide the first deleted thread. Then the third thread killed immediately. Other Mods told me the first thread was deleted by those at the top. Now why wouldn't anyone want to discuss fake SA Stamps? Hmmmm.

Another interesting tactic is to verify the authenticity of a fake with another fake. Now suddenly they are both real.

Yes, "USMCSean" the mod there stated that it wasn't necessary to post pictures of the newest generation (i.e., different) fake SA stamps because "you posted about the other fake stamps several years ago. That is to say, that moderator's position is that there should be no further discussion of newer and different fake stamps because the concept has already been addressed. :googlie To Gunboard's credit, they did allow the posting of the fake stamp pics and links. I don't know what happened after that. It's not my hangout.

Yes, "USMCSean" the mod there stated that it wasn't necessary to post pictures of the newest generation (i.e., different) fake SA stamps because "you posted about the other fake stamps several years ago. That is to say, that moderator's position is that there should be no further discussion of newer and different fake stamps because the concept has already been addressed. :googlie To Gunboard's credit, they did allow the posting of the fake stamp pics and links. I don't know what happened after that. It's not my hangout.
Any thread where it is brought up it is buried or dismissed by Vic and others. Last time I brought it up Vic quickly dismissed me by stating in all his years of collecting fake SA Stamps have not been a problem and are not a problem.

We accept chaos as part of the game. People can choose not to read it and even block from view the posts of those whose posts they don't like. ....
Chaos.

I am a true believer in a bit of old rolled up sleeves when it comes to a propper debate, if nessesary that is, and heated threads should be left to run, managed of course. And this is why.
Most times an "argument" on a Militaria forum arises because of one party not accepting the other`s opinion. More often than not it is because the evidence needed to support one side of the quarrel is missing. An historical fact or period mention of a rule or something supporting or even conclusive cannot be found.
Now, if at least one of the parties are seriously interested in the subject, what will inevitably happen, is that they walk away and research deeper, in the hope of being able to come back to the "debate" and present the missing pieces of the puzzle. That would mean that "they win", and the community benefits as a whole and can grow.
Because finding missing links is like a new invention. One thing leads to another and it opens doors for others who can use the new snippet of information.

This only works of course with seriously interested collectors who are willing to go the extra mile, and, I am sad to say, of the hundreds of collectors I have met, dealt with and known over the years, I can count the amount of seriously interest among them on one hand.
Nazi Militaria is a funny old business, with most collectors not giving a flying monkeys about anything except flipping a quick buck, or possessing something that most others don`t have. If they can find a baying forum big wig that gives them a thumbs up and a nod of approval on their latest acquisition, well that is about as good as it gets. No need to even consult a history book.

But as I said, the genuinely interested are so few and far between in the Nazi Militaria hobby that it is just not possible to let quarreled threads run their course. They most always end in mobbing, trolling and closure. In an ideal world though…
I do believe that most do not care if Nazi history is tweaked and twisted to suit new books or financial gain, after all, they were Nazis Goddamnit, so what.

Chaos.

I am a true believer in a bit of old rolled up sleeves when it comes to a propper debate, ...

if at least one of the parties are seriously interested in the subject, what will inevitably happen, is that they walk away and research deeper, in the hope of being able to come back to the "debate" and present the missing pieces of the puzzle. That would mean that "they win", and the community benefits as a whole and can grow.

Right on Joe. Research, facts and discussion are truly leading to the correct path forward.

So using a fake to verify another fake as real isn't the correct way?

Except if it was 'upside down' it would actually be backwards? You can't turn a stamp 'inside out'... at least not in my universe. The fake stamp is the reverse of the original. At least IMHO.

Military Rifle Journal
Back