Third Party Press
Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sodcasts: Exposing Fakery Videos

Default Sodcasts: Exposing Fakery Videos

“Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.” - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945

The series is fantastic. The WAF royalty are hanging themselves. Whatever they delete he shows. Lol
    Looking for 10" cleaning rod, early style e/214 #91, nazi style e/26 #04

Well then in that case, have some more
    And thanks for the interest, it has been and still is, very much a one-man-show.
    I contemplated just giving up after the last book, and letting them all get on with fleecing each other, and because I had not so much as uploaded a video to the net before, I was struggling with getting my "idea" acros..
    But, after a year or so of tinkering around and self-help, I have come to find more pleasure in exposing this mess that I ever did in collecting. More fun making videos than collecting (and more fun that writing books and articles). So the hobby changed for me. From small badge and medal author to "Movie maker" OK, not quite there yet, but the improvements from the first video two or so years ago until now are massive.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    My wife follows podcasts, but I follow The Sodcast. And thanks for the K98k forum

Edit: Jo, would love to see Sodcasts on the common IABs and PABs. I know fakery on those has been significant in the last 30 years.
    Cheers.
    About a year ago I did one on a hollow ISA or IAB in Anglaise but that video has a silly auto voice overlay and was made using some free video program.
    That was before I became Chief Sodmaster. The older videos pxxs me off even with that voice.

I assume the person has a problem, his presentation is childish. and annoying.

I still want too know more about the barn full of Nazi toilet paper Jo! I think a nice more convincing story would be better.

Here goes you had too travel up many mountain high roads for many weeks too find the location on the very special barn in Bavaria. Turns out this barn and the land it was sitting on had been forgotten and abandon for many years. Lucky for you this place was untouched for 72 years! And guess what this barn still had skids full of this very special toilet paper. All the stalls and even the loft was completely full of this stuff. It was supposed too be sent somewhere on the western front but the order was halted and all the paper was stored in a nearby barn. Sadly one of the full skids was completely empty. Turns out the old man that once owned this place many years ago had been using some of this toilet paper over the years. If only he knew this stuff was worth more too collectors then wiping his butt with. Makes it that much more rarer now.
    "Don't use your musket if you can kill 'em with your hatchet"

Major Robert Rogers 1757 Founder of the U.S Army Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior1354 View Post
    I still want too know more about the barn full of Nazi toilet paper Jo!
    I think your best bet would be to get in contact with old Walter. If he didn`t know the full story then I am sure he could get back to you in a few days with, a full story
    Prices will probably go up then, as they usualy do when a good story is attached.

Now that is funny, as the Administrator in question - mentioned throughout the above video - said exactly the same.
    problemswillemV.JPG
    "..he for sure seems to have a problem."

Both of you are correct, indeed I do have a problem.

I laid out this problem over 500 pages in a 2013 published book. For the avoidance of confusion, though, and for collectors who have not read (and understadably have no need to read it as it does not encroach on their collecting niche) my "problem" lies not with any one individual or even a group of individuals, but rather with the mentality in general.
    The Salop manner in which collectables are discussed and debated, and the way in which untruths are force-fed down younger collector’s throats. The mobbing, blackmailing, silencing and bullying that is rife in "our hobby" as well as many other smaller but relevant issues.

As far as my presentations being annoying goes, well, we are all entitled to our thoughts and feelings, and we are all allowed by law to express them.
    If, however, you have any constructive criticism on how I can go about improving the videos, please let me know, as I have just started out. And, seeing as this is still all a one-man-show, I would welcome a bit of help with open arms.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Micro Jo View Post
    I think your best bet would be to get in contact with old Walter. If he didn`t know the full story then I am sure he could get back to you in a few days with, a full story
    Prices will probably go up then, as they usualy do when a good story is attached.
    I'll have to ask old Walter then at the 2018 SOS show! As in his words "I know most collectors don't have it in their collections." This is just hilarious. In all my years of collecting I've seen some pretty bad fantasy SS items. But I never would have dreamed they would fake toilet paper. But you're selling a roll of this crap for a hundred bucks a piece and you have hundreds of them probably sold over the years. That's a pretty good chunk of change on fantasy items.
    "Don't use your musket if you can kill 'em with your hatchet"

Major Robert Rogers 1757 Founder of the U.S Army Rangers

Default Glad to have you here

I have been spreading the word about the Sodcastst and creating new disciples.......great work, keep it up!!