Third Party Press

Sodcasts: Exposing Fakery Videos

Well it`s really a personality item, so I can understand it, and I guess if you just collect SS stuff, but I`d want to have it in-hand and check it out first. Saying that, the prices they sell for are, to me anyway, beyond stupid. Each to his own.
Before I examined them last week, i would also have just subscribed to the "Die-struck" method, as most others. Now I know better, thanks to myself :moon:

Whether die struck or cast, the history of an original ring and the recipient are still there, that will never change. If you are a dealer, maybe the ring will lose some collectors on the sale level. For me, it the history and rarity that I look at. They may not e for everyone and that is what makes collecting interesting. It you don't like this, there are other items out there if that pleases you.

:thumbsup: MJ. The color commentary during the exam + the information = infotainment, like "Schoolhouse Rock" for adults. :happy0180: Excellent work.

:thumbsup: MJ. The color commentary during the exam + the information = infotainment, like "Schoolhouse Rock" for adults. :happy0180: Excellent work.

AH-ha ha ha, cheers :thumbsup: And I kept a straight face throughout too. Well had to keep it true to its name, the Sodcast. Can`t just Ra Ra on about the cast part and omit the other.
:laugh:
Glad you liked it. Will be working on part III in a week or so, I need a bit of a break, it`s a hell of a lot of work putting together an hours worth of footage and packaging it for a mature audience.
Parts I and II rolled out quick enough as all the footage was gathered together, I have not even picked up the other two rings I have here yet. Might start getting the B-roll footage done over the weekend, and then whip the microscopes out next week.
What a fun item to review that was. Plenty of butthurt going on right now in various corners of the interweb. Can`t see why, but am slowly understanding the "shoot the messenger" method. In fact I`m going to try it out next time the postman delivers a bill. Instead of signing for it and saying "Have a nice day" I`m going to jump him, and start stabbing him.

Indeed, some expensive butthurt on the internets. I would think it would be more like the Shampain Ruin variety though, behind closed doors, and not open waforumattackmonkey shrieking butthurt created by fallacies borne of internets forum collecting by committee antics, i.e., "it is real because we say so and you cannot prove it fake." Well, you are proving things fake. :thumbsup:

Not sure what you trying to say?

Are the videos and Mr Scapini trying to say the rings are fake or just trying to prove the way they were made?

Trying to say that the truth, not to be confused with certain forum rah rah, causes butthurt. My take on it is that the rings are cast, but that there is a difference in what is considered an original ring and a fake in the casting quality and manner of casting and sizing. It's my understanding that this is how rings are generally made today, such that these rings can likely be made by a talented jeweler from an original.

The videos are trying to say that the earth is flat, and that the Nazca lines are the blueprints for another flat earth.
hence the titel: The Truth About SS Honor Rings, and the introduction: How Was The SS Honor Ring Manufactured.

No, if you removed the skull from an Honor ring, the blue prints are there as well, on the back, and when I looked at the micro patina on the Gutjahr ring, the lines all matched up 100% with those in Peru. And I mean 100%. :thumbsup:

For the avoidance of confusion, contrary to what certain animal-like beings on the German Daggers Forum are alluding to, the ring in the first video is a cast fake, made by the person who owns the ring. The Ring in the second video is genuine.
The videos were made to show that the fake was cast, and that the genuine was also cast. To show method of production only, as well as almost everything else you would need to know if you were on the hunt for a genuine SS Honor ring.

With video I, I overtook all previous authors of SS Ring books and was immediately crowned King of Ring Bling, With the second installment, I became known as The Ultimate Ring God. Part III will get me Knighted. In fact, the Queen called last night, and asked when it would suit me to come to London. If she had to postpone the upcoming wedding, she said she would.

Wicked to Bloodclaat, part III for those interested in the differences between period cast jelwely, and fake cast.

Well done as usual MJ :happy0180: The patination and accumulated gradual wear points you make are the same concepts one should look at with helmets and firearms as well. Nice Hillary ref. at the end with Gotfried's book. I watched his one episode show on Netflix where he and some Brits were annoying each other and some local backhoe operating Balts digging for Nazi rust. I think they found Josef Mengele's Bolivian EBT card.

:happy0180: Yeah, had a lot going on this summer, family member with cancer, the kind that can`t be cured, been really hot here, more back troubles and just life in general... getting another two-part video(s) together for early next week. More profanity, more jabs at the old wigs, your usual Sodcast stuff. Hope everyone had a good summer. :thumbsup:

Come on. They're just making stuff up now. Do you think it's the same guy or group of people?

Did you not listen to what Walter said? "Are you questioning my item that makes you an idiot!"

"Yeah we heard that this was fake but who would fake toilet paper for $25!" Thomas Whitman

But wait on his website he was charging $95 for it!

Excellent stuff MJ, as usual. Where else can one be educated and get a good laugh at the same time? :happy0180: Thanks for posting here.

By the way saw Walter today at the NGD show he was really proud of that axe!

And for some reason he always looks like he has too fart all the time at the shows due too his facial expressions! Not kidding!

Military Rifle Journal
Back