Third Party Press
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Sodcasts: Exposing Fakery Videos

Default Welcome to the ******* Sodcast

Part II of the Frontbann Scam, for the interested.

"If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they’ll kill you." Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Micro Jo View Post
    Part II of the Frontbann Scam, for the interested.
    Thank you. Very informative, good stuff. I always learn when watching your Sodcasts and get entertained What is the response in the badge forums with this information?
    “Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.” - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Thank you. Very informative, good stuff. I always learn when watching your Sodcasts and get entertained What is the response in the badge forums with this information?
    Cheers
    The sound of tumbleweed mate.. I know the guy who owns the one that was posted on the WAF, he posted both links on the WRF 5 days ago, and so far... tumbleweed.
    http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/non-co...ntbann-364148/

Where it needs to go on WAF, here ( http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/Foru...d.php?t=827129 ) it aint, because those that post any of my links there, usually get into trouble.

Best to ignore anything negative, and carry on with the Ra-Ra "Fantastic Original Show"
    "If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they’ll kill you." Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Micro Jo View Post
    Where it needs to go on WAF, here ( http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/Foru...d.php?t=827129 ) it aint, because those that post any of my links there, usually get into trouble.

Best to ignore anything negative, and carry on with the Ra-Ra "Fantastic Original Show"
    Well yes, because what you are doing is "damaging the hobby" because you are a "hobby anarchist" Is it better to know the truth which is little sad and not be ripped off, or is it better to be happy and ignorant of the fact that you are being ripped off? Is the idea that the hobby is better off with the minions all pulling taffy together in a mutual back patting rah rah society while they are being peddled fakes?
    “Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.” - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945

Well yes, because what you are doing is "damaging the hobby" because you are a "hobby anarchist" Is it better to know the truth which is little sad and not be ripped off, or is it better to be happy and ignorant of the fact that you are being ripped off? Is the idea that the hobby is better off with the minions all pulling taffy together in a mutual back patting rah rah society while they are being peddled fakes?
    As much as I take the peas out of them, I also understand where they are coming from. And if the Troll glove was on the other hand? If it was me who had tens of thousands wrapped up in what`s turning out to be fake after fake...and if it was me who was pally-pally on all the fora for years and years, amassing a human centipede of followers and virtual buddies that have all thumbed my crap up, how would I react?
    Would it not be better to stay quiet, or just go into attack monkey mode as soon as "that guy who makes the videos" name is mentioned?
    That way, the gear I have can still be sold at some point, I don`t lose that much face either.

If the Troll glove was on the other hand, I would, most probably, expel me from the fora too, and try my best to discredit me in any way possible.
    MONEY, we are talking about lots and lots of money. The Frontbann badges, you just saw in the videos, sold in December 2015 for nearly $2000.-! The previous Quedlinburg tinnies, $1000.- a pop. The USA-AV stickpin before, $500.- and so on...

The real truth about the hobby of collecting medals, badges and awards from the Third Reich period surpasses shocking. It is something nobody wants to hear. I understand that, and have even been offered money to stop doing what I am doing before.
    What is sadder, though, is that this could have been avoided if people just took a proper look at the actual items, and considered documented facts.

Yes, too many bad apples in the hobby to begin with, too many glam-mags with small images and ra-ra, granted, but also too many blind collectors that are now paying the price for "collecting by catalog, point-smile-buy-show-n-tell".

What would one with a display case filled with humped badges and awards they paid $20k+ for think of the fora and exspurts who rah rah'd them into buying same without any transparent debate over originality? I guess their choice is to start moving quickly and quietly to unass themselves from such worthless trinkets or go full on denial attack monkey. It looks to me like the evidence they are facing is overwhelming. If it was not, I would think that they would be responding in kind, with equally substantive evidence, not personal attack and censorship.
    Last edited by Hambone; 02-21-2018 at 06:19 PM.

What would one with a display case filled with humped badges and awards they paid $20k+ for think of the fora and exspurts who rah rah'd them into buying same without any transparent debate over originality? .
    It`s like being taken on the 419 scam, or black dollars scam, you know that you were stupid to start with, so the shame prevents you from speaking out in most cases, which is why those scams just go on and on.
    The chubby squibber would look at his display case, and although he would be angry with those that sold him the rubbish, and angry at those on the fora who he just tagged along with and rode the threads of small images, ra-ra and nothing else on, he`d also be kicking himself for not doing his homework.
    30 years ago, OK, it was harder, but with the internet, most of what you`d need is a mouse click away.
    It takes courage, though, to go against the flow, and not just suck up what the bigwigs fill the forum troughs with. That does not get you virtual buddy credits, and is pooh-poohed by the herd.

You know, even when the bigwigs fall from grace, as we`ve seen with so many, it`s all over in an instant, and back to show`n tell as if nothing ever happened.
    There have been collectors who have figured it out, said nothing, and just gone along quietly and sniped up the genuine rare items for themselves, leaving the herd believing in Santa and the Tooth W̶i̶l̶l̶i̶ Fairy