Third Party Press

Sodcasts: Exposing Fakery Videos

LOL, must be a sale on, prices were around the 80-95.- mark a few moths ago. Maybe the new, improved green lable brand is cheaper?

The English version is the rarest, only six crates of those known - so far...

ps: say "Hi" to Walter for me won`t you :laugh:

wittmann 95 buck jpeg2.JPGshitpaper.jpg

He also had a bunch of SS Christmas ornaments too. They reminded me of some old Polish ones from the 1950’s that my family had. I am holding out for the brown shirt chocolate Easter bunnies myself. They are rare because they were so tasty, not many survived.

It really was hard not to laugh I was trying to contain my laughter as I was looking at the stuff with Mike. At the same time I was telling Mike these are original, you got to have that, wow, and of course the usual ra ra! And hearing the story about how the toilet paper was found in Bavaria fom his two table helpers was even better. It was like they were literally reading from a script. I mean the words were the exact paragraph what Walter said down to the letter.

They actually got mad at me when I looked at one of the Christmas ornaments. They were afraid I was going to break this rare artifact. And all I did was point at it and barely touched it. It was really hard for me not to say can you order me some from the Czech Republic where you keep getting these at!

What is the response in the badge forums with this information?
You won`t believe this, but hey, I tell it as it is, so here goes.

The auction house that I showed had - unfortunately, because of the wrong info they got about the Frontbann Award on the WAF - listed and sold the fake for nearly $2K in December 2015, has just deleted the images from the thread that was referenced/shown in the video!
I kid you not.

Not quite sure what to think about this really. The videos were clear, it was not their fault, it was the fault of the wrong into they got on WAF, and what is the response? Quietly delete the images from the thread, now, over 2 years later? Are you serious? Is this the correct way foward? OMFG...
http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/Foru...d.php?t=827129

Last edited:
Good news, I saw your book here at SoS Jo. Looked like perhaps your publisher was set up?

Better news, did not see any of them being burned.

Good news, I saw your book here at SoS Jo. Looked like perhaps your publisher was set up?

Better news, did not see any of them being burned.
LOL, which one, the 2013 PB book? Yes he goes to most large US shows.
Would be pretty expensive firewood, but hey, if that`s all you got and it`s cold outside, why not :)

The auction house that I showed had - unfortunately, because of the wrong info they got about the Frontbann Award on the WAF - listed and sold the fake for nearly $2K in December 2015, has just deleted the images from the thread that was referenced/shown in the video!
I kid you not. :facepalm:

Not quite sure what to think about this really. The videos were clear, it was not their fault, it was the fault of the wrong into they got on WAF, and what is the response? Quietly delete the images from the thread, now, over 2 years later? Are you serious? Is this the correct way foward? OMFG...
http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=827129

I think I'm going to change my signature under all of my posts to this:

"Fantastic. I have one just like it :thumbsup: "

Should that be the slogan for WAF?

LOL, which one, the 2013 PB book? Yes he goes to most large US shows.
Would be pretty expensive firewood, but hey, if that`s all you got and it`s cold outside, why not :)

FWIW, I don't think it's overreach to say that we here at K98k find your Sodcasts and commentary very informative and entertaining. Those who choose not to respond substantively are, in my opinion, wankers. I have been branded a "hobby anarchist" at WAF, so my opinions must be weighed accordingly. :thumbsup:

Warrior, the tale of this wanked DDR TP is Sodcasted and you'd just be piling on. If I brought that home for use here the females would revolt. If I said I paid anything for it, much less $80 a roll I'd be in divorce court or interdicted.

I just spoke with a Mod over on the WAF, and he says that a user cannot delete images after ten minutes, and that it must have been a Moderator that deleted them.
Maybe they are trying to clean the place up by deleting images of fakes that are shown and commented on as "Fantastic originals"? In any case, it is still somewhat confusing, seeing as there is no extra info to go along with the 2-year old thread, and just that only the images suddenly vanished?
Make of it what you will. But that`s what I was just told. So it can`t be the user that deleted them.

I just spoke with a Mod over on the WAF, and he says that a user cannot delete images after ten minutes, and that it must have been a Moderator that deleted them.
Maybe they are trying to clean the place up by deleting images of fakes that are shown and commented on as "Fantastic originals"? In any case, it is still somewhat confusing, seeing as there is no extra info to go along with the 2-year old thread, and just that only the images suddenly vanished?
Make of it what you will. But that`s what I was just told. So it can`t be the user that deleted them.

The post would incdicate linked photos prior to the change over banning them. User deleted most probably.

Of course now the whole thread is gone, that is no good. Will just say without the photos it was useless.

Of course now the whole thread is gone, that is no good. Will just say without the photos it was useless.

Scrubbing the whole thread helps whom? Does it help the hobby and the buyer with information necessary to discern fake from original? Aren't "discussion forums" supposed to help the hobby and buyers? If WAF did this, why would they delete a whole thread which could have been helpful to exposing fakery?

I did want too say old Walter did sell a good amount of those Christmas bulbs. He was selling them by the set in packages. The SS package was almost a $1000, standard bulb set was $300 or more depending on what color, a Hitler head was $200 a piece, special bulbs were $250 a piece, and the toilet paper was $25 a roll or for $30 you got a case with it.

In about an hour I watched at least five people buy this fake shite from his table. Even dealers were buying it thinking this shite was real. After all its Walter he's been doing it for 50 years. And he brought them all home himself.

Scrubbing the whole thread helps whom? Does it help the hobby and the buyer with information necessary to discern fake from original? Aren't "discussion forums" supposed to help the hobby and buyers? If WAF did this, why would they delete a whole thread which could have been helpful to exposing fakery?

Don’t know, just know that is what they will mow likely say. As of yesterday however it looked liked the photos were removed from an off site host and not WAF. Now it looks worse.

its Walter he's been doing it for 50 years. And he brought them all home himself.
He said they were difficult to transport and that he left them in the Czech Republic. Maybe he only brought one or two of the crates over, just enough to fill a few tables.
There are collectors and dealers who only visit the same websites, and stick to the same sellers, so they`ll see Wittmann`s listed at double what Walter is asking, and lap his up :laugh:
Thinking that they are getting a bargain.
Let them spend their money on whatever they want to :thumbsup: There are ten pages on google that show them dangling from Xmas trees, so they have gone down as genuine already.
The majority vote will always win.

Military Rifle Journal
Back