Third Party Press

Sodcasts: Exposing Fakery Videos

Purely tongue in cheek Jo however your contributions to the discussion of these fantasy items should not be underestimated. Particularly in the area of period source material. And agree with your statements regarding the depth of research regarding this subject within the HJ Research Forum. Although my submissions there have been minimal it is without doubt one of the finest resources available for the HJ/BDM collecting community.
Cheers my man - now that I know who you are :bump2:
Yes, I have always been big on period research. This is what pixxses me off the most with comments from the likes of "Stan" in Sodcast 12.. "If they were cast then that is probably how they were made."
NO, that is not how they were made. We have, thankfully, each and every copy of the official regulation/announcement papers for the German Medal Industry from the start, to the last paper, and they discuss in detail how items are made. These papers were the official papers for the Medal Industry, each maker, seller or dealer was obliged to subscribe and pay for them.
So, we know, we do not need to guess. We have historically documented facts, from the horse’s mouth, the correct foundations to either assist us in our debating and discussing, or to prove in black and white certain points.

It is not my fault that I speak a few languages and take a pride in research, but the way these Muppets just brush over historical fact like it does not matter at all, is equivalent to Blasphemy.
It makes my blood boil to such an extent that it now has me breaking into cow sheds in the alps wearing big rubber troll gloves! And filming it for all to see.

I know that the likes of Stan and his, are not interested in the slightest in fact, and need their rubbish to be real by any and all means, but it still gets my goat, or cow...:moon:

I tell you something else too, a few of the really older bigwig authors (German and American) really got mad at me when I scanned the full A3 sized 800 odd pages of the RZM Bible, The Handbuch der Reichszeugmeisterei a few years ago, and offered it for sale on CD form - for really interested historians and researchers. It had never been done before, why? All you would ever read about the RZM Bible would be that someone knew someone who actually had one, but would not share a detail or make it available.
And along comes Jo... offers meat instead of the usual Ra Ra.
Also, on my site you can access all the Medal Making papers I spoke about, for free! Knowledge is what can help the hobby, but it must be shared IMHO. And it MUST, be acknowledged and when possible used as the bedrock of a discussion pertaining to controversial items.

All I can say is keep up the good work Jo! The collecting community has been needing this for along time. Time too clean it up and expose the frauds and fakers. That have been profiting in this for years.

You get my nod of approval plus Robert Redford's nod of approval!

Nice one, I could use that "Nod" in a video :thumbsup:
I didn`t think much of his last film, though, "All is Lost" really boring and a dissapointment.

Jo this is probably one of my favorite videos you have done so far. We just got to love old Walter and his pretty trinkets that were found in Barns and old factories again. All I can say is wow and I got to have that!

And I'll get to see old Walter here in a couple months at the SOS show. I'll make sure to bring some Nazi a$$ paper back with me lol!

Jo this is probably one of my favorite videos you have done so far. We just got to love old Walter and his pretty trinkets that were found in Barns and old factories again. All I can say is wow and I got to have that!
That`s probably because you can`t hear my voice, f..ing and blinding all over the place.
Thought it would make more of an impact if we just let Walter tell his fable..er...factory find tale...er German picker find purchase...
I bet there are a few Eastern European forgers who make their living off Walter.
Hate to burst bubbles, but everything you saw on Walter`s table there, from the concentration camp gear through his 7 crates of tree-bling, is as fake as a 3 dollar note.
Gotta just love the way these old dino`s barge in and stamp their "ORIGINAL" seal of approval on utter nonsense, before the show has even started. They do it on forums too, when a piece of cast filth is shown, they are straight in with the same Ra-Ra... never mind actually looking at the item, just listen to the tale, the motel buy bedtime story, and end off like all bigwigs do, impregnate how many years of expirience you have in the hobby.

•Stamp seal of authenticity on the item
•Talk a load of old soppy bollocks
•End with "Been in the game since Adam was a boy"

See the prices? Over 200 dollars for a piece of modern poorly molded glass with glitter paints? LOL, "These are super-super rare" says he standing in front of seven crates of them, says he who searchs the net to find that every kid and their dog are offering them for sale. What a first class Muppet. :googlie

Heard that term so many times its not even funny Jo. Been in the guy so many years (insert number) what the hell do you even know. As a good collector friend of mine explained it too me. "If you were in diapers or were not even born yet your oplioion doesn't matter too this old fake farts." And he's right if you question them in person about it they will go on for 20 minutes of how they have been doing this since the 1950s-1960s.

I remember last year I called a guy out on a fake K98k rifle he was selling. He told me "were you at the factory when it was built how do you know whats real and whats not." Not joking either he was trying too sell a Russian capture 98k that he cleaned up and restamped for alot of money.

And it was just last month I saw a guy talking about these Christmas trinkets on gunboards. He bought a whole box of them for next too nothing at a gunshow. They were fake of course but he paid $20 for them all. So he says. And their the same kind as old Walter is selling. Not a rare as he thinks they are. This crap is everywhere in the states.

But remember he bought seven crates from the original factory!

I weep

And I'll get to see old Walter here in a couple months at the SOS show. I'll make sure to bring some Nazi a$$ paper back with me lol!

Walter must have a paranormal connection to these hoards.....:censored:

Nothing says x-mas more than NAZI SS x-mas ornament's mixed with KZ relics... Heck the jews killed Christ so its only fair the SS evened the score and made Xmas ornaments ???? I saw walther at the last Allentown show with all this crap. I cant walk past his table fast enough. His trick is he must not have shifty eyes ??? LOL Only real good thief's can look you square in the eyes and smile with they are F*cking you up the arse... :facepalm:

The sod casts are damn entertaining you should start doing feature films.. I hear Harvey Weinstein is looking to promote a movie as long as Kevin spacey can play walter.:moon:

I don't know I think you would love to see old Walter and by some Notzi a$$ paper off him in person lol! I wonder what is going to sell next. It always gets me excited. Especially when you hear the bullshit stories. The stuff he finds in old Barns after 72 years. The only thing I find in old Barns is usually Coon shite and live Coons trying to get you out of there when you're unloading and stacking hay. Hell was just a last week I found a skunk in the barn!

Infotainment at its best! :laugh:
:thumbsup:

Well done Jo.
Btw the concentrationcamp long winter jackets did exist but I seriously doubt that the one Walter K is selling is authentic piece, because they are pretty rare pieces.
Their isn't a sea but an ocean of fakes when it comes to Holocaust related objects.

Infotainment at its best! :laugh:
:thumbsup:

Well done Jo.
Btw the concentrationcamp long winter jackets did exist but I seriously doubt that the one Walter K is selling is authentic piece, because they are pretty rare pieces.
Their isn't a sea but an ocean of fakes when it comes to Holocaust related objects.

No way Peter ask Walter he will find a whole barn full of them in Germany! Just give it time he'll find 7 crates of them still packed in the straw

The sod casts are damn entertaining you should start doing feature films..
Yes, in 2018 I will do just this.

t but I seriously doubt that the one Walter K is selling is authentic piece.....
Peter, I can only comment on badges and medals that I have already examined, so would recognize from a distance.. and so far everything in that dept. that I can make out on Walter`s Tischlein, is either fantasy or fake.

He reminds me of poor old Phil, another old wig that must have been taken for his life savings by the European forgers.

Here is poor old Phil ↓↓↓ , how many Phil`s are there out there? well in my opinion, most of the self-proclaimed experts are called Phil. And if they are not, they need to be!

Hallo Jo,

When I want to have a giggle I sometimes watch the Wittmann YouTube clips, the crazy stuff he shows is incredible and for me it is militaria stand up comedy and he together with W.K is the perfect comedy couple.
What is for sale on the tabble of W.K. always is exotic, either phantasy of incredible rare pieces, like that KL winter coat for example.
His barn of magic finds seems to have an endless supply of these exotic pieces.
It must be a pretty huge barn.:laugh:

Not that long ago I saw W.K. selling an enamel Waffen SS street sign from the Reeperbahn in Hamburg, I don't collect enamel signs but I knew/saw inmediately that it was a modern made piece that was artifically aged.
Today there are companies that still make enamel signs like in the olden days, beautiful reproductions, you can order them according to your own preference, for example with your name written on it, I knew this because years ago I bought such a reproduction from a company in Holland to dress up my livingroom.
What I mean that it isn't a big secret, just google and you'll find plenty of places that produce and sell newly made enamel signs.

Cheers,
Peter

Last edited:
Yes, in 2018 I will do just this.

Peter, I can only comment on badges and medals that I have already examined, so would recognize from a distance.. and so far everything in that dept. that I can make out on Walter`s Tischlein, is either fantasy or fake.

He reminds me of poor old Phil, another old wig that must have been taken for his life savings by the European forgers.

Here is poor old Phil ↓↓↓ , how many Phil`s are there out there? well in my opinion, most of the self-proclaimed experts are called Phil. And if they are not, they need to be!

That's very old but good to bring to the top. Charlatan scumbag

I really like how Phil says I never seen another one like the one I have. I wonder why that is? :laugh:

Man that SS stuff he buys really goes well with that SS sniper ring I saw at the SOS show last year.

Also did anyone notice Walter had the perfect sign on his table that sums him up? "I may be wrong but I doubt it."

Personally I wish Rick from Pawn stars would say hi too old Walter lol.

15tbvt.jpg

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back