Third Party Press

Sighting in the zf41

maxipum

Can anyone give me some information on this. I purchased a repro tool set and I have some good clean ammo. Where do I start this appears a little more involved than your typical Tasco.

You need a set of the adjustment tools. There are multiple repro's on the internet that will suffice. I did the task once - approximately a decade ago. I will try to check at home tonight to see if I got the instructions from a book or webpage.

Here's some photos below of one of my sniper books for official written instruction.
From what I've been told by others that tried sighting in, definitely lock it or vice, as doing it off a sandbag is frustrating to put it nicely.

Also here's a somewhat decent vid on youtube for visual.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLMU1wQdNJo

Modedit: Vid

Attachments

• pg 1 zf41.jpg
    pg 1 zf41.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 22
  • pg2 zf41.jpg
    pg2 zf41.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 18
Last edited by a moderator:
Thorne

Good Job! I found the same video - somewhat amusing but accomplishes our purpose. After see your zf-41 translation I realize that I used a translated copy of the manual with repro tools to adjust my scope.

Regards

Thorne

Good Job! I found the same video - somewhat amusing but accomplishes our purpose. After see your zf-41 translation I realize that I used a translated copy of the manual with repro tools to adjust my scope.

Regards

When in doubt, youtube it. I've learned how to fix my car, random household issues and replacing plumbing and a toilet from youtube haha.

Its a bitch. After about 4 hours I was able to hit the side of a barn. That's about it.

In all seriousness. Buy high quality ammo. Don't use Yugo for this.

Its basically trail and error. The adjustment pins from numrich are junk. find something better. the wrench is ok.

when adjusting, the recticle moves in a figure 8 pattern - to annoy you even further.

Zf41

Optics cleaned up nicely, but I just have not had the time to spend on it. Hopefully over the holidays.

James, I have another scope that needs cleaning, who was it that did the cleaning work for you again?

Military Rifle Journal
Back