Third Party Press

Bnz 41 rc.....what!?

Zeppelin5000

Saw this posted on a K98 Facebook page. I'm just going to leave this right here...

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1509319255594.jpg
    FB_IMG_1509319255594.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 131
  • FB_IMG_1509319259277.jpg
    FB_IMG_1509319259277.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 150
Just a bit high. Like, approaching three times too high. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes but what's the story behind it? It could have been Hitler's or even Rommel's. Maybe Hitler gave it to Rommel. None of you can prove he didn't.

Way overpriced, and lots of shady wording in the descriptions....most of the "from a collection" 98k's they have sold in the last year were humped up crap, but they are very careful with their wording, almost like a lawyer wrote it up to protect them...:facepalm:

Yes but what's the story behind it? It could have been Hitler's or even Rommel's. Maybe Hitler gave it to Rommel. None of you can prove he didn't.

Hitler did give it to Rommel. But Hitler got it back after July 20 1944. Then the Russians found it in Hitlers bunker.

Way overpriced, and lots of shady wording in the descriptions....most of the "from a collection" 98k's they have sold in the last year were humped up crap, but they are very careful with their wording, almost like a lawyer wrote it up to protect them...:facepalm:

Ben Dover's favorite line... 'we just don't know'. Like as in 'these markings, they could be genuine but we just don't know'.

Posts like this remind me of just how lucky I am to have my fathers bringback. So much dishonest, humped, faked 98ks by unscrupulous sellers. No wonder we have to be an expert or consult with knowledgeable collectors before making that purchase.

Could well be a nice, honest RC rifle. But the seller must be running off a batch in gold, silk mittens if he thinks an educated collector will pay that price. That or they typed the "1" by accident.

Last edited:

Wow..... That owner sounds like a real winner...

Just watched one of his K98 videos. At least in that one, I still didn't see any rifles priced anywhere $1700 like the one in this post. That one seems like it's being sold by a person who knows nothing about these rifles and thinks it's worth a lot of money because it's a "WWII Nazi rifle"....

Military Rifle Journal
Back