Third Party Press

Kar 98 converted to .22 trainer

Hallo
The whole rifle is 100% different thrown together of parts.
Stock Model 45,
Winter Trigger,
Receiver Kar 98 A..Rohr USA..so construction site is never German

never never never!!!!

not pre War
not War
never!

not before or during the war. This is a construction site that no German would have dared to do

:googlie

Thank you for the reply.

I'm quite new to the whole Mauser thing and very interested in the historical line of this and any other gun in my collection. Regardless of how it was done, it would appear that the Israelis converted it from a Kar 98 into something resembling a K98 for training purposes. What I'm really curious about is the rifles' history from new till the point it hit the armourers' bench in Israel.

On a side note, I've always enjoyed Germany. -Lived there the first 4 years of my life and have enjoyed going back for vacation. Cheerz!

It's Israeli....

Where is that written?
....Kar 98 A with US Barrel?
Kar 98 A does not fit deduction to k 98-Trigger,magazine box,

The conversion is more complex than a Mauser K 98 so do not do that.?????

Last edited:
It's a well known type of rifle. It looks like a different receiver than normal was used. Nothing notable here.

QUOTE]

Everything is possible with . Can be original, but can copy because the rare and expensive.
That's right, you have to see gun.

Translat google Sorry.

Hello.

The gun here in the forum is something else, receiver is kar 98A.
I mabe my Kar 98 and my Dou 43 98K disassembled and tried.
Fits not good but possible with rework on trigger guard.

View attachment 163196
View attachment 163197
View attachment 163198
View attachment 163199
View attachment 163200
View attachment 163201
View attachment 163202
View attachment 163203

All in all, there is an amazing amount of expertise here on the forum. I thank you all for your input.
So, the rifle started out as a Kar98 at some time before or during WW 1 and was stamped 1920 because of the Treaty of Versailles.
The history of the rifle is sort of blank from 1920 until it was converted by the Israelis in the late 1940's or early 1950's.
There are a few marks on the rifle that indicate there are 3rd. Reich parts on it, but those too may have been in a parts bin on an Israeli armorers' bench and were put of the rifle during conversion.

At the end of the day, it's still a very good shooter and functions very well. It also gets lots of attention at the range.

I suppose now, the question is do I put in on my home-owners insurance policy and if so, what do I value it at? Thoughts?

Last edited:
I suppose now, the question is do I put in on my home-owners insurance policy and if so, what do I value it at? Thoughts?
My guess is that it could be insured in the range of $1000-1200. The fair market value might be $700 +/- $200 or the average of well-advertised sales this year. I couldn't find much activity, so fmv is a guess. I, too, would like to know what others think.

Military Rifle Journal
Back