Third Party Press

ATTN Dave Roberts Single Claw sniper rifle! 2657H

boilerop

Dave your messages were full, but I am looking for BMJ scope with scope rings Serial number 2657H! Thank you Gage!

Hey Thank you Peter Im itching to get a scope on her!

I hope you have lots of calamine lotion on hand for that itch, because that is one though scope to find. I've been searching for a while and/or hoping that Dave comes up with something.

Not to get too far off on a tangent but how often does this happen? I too am on the lookout for the matching scope mount for my rifle and Ive always wondered how many of us have experienced such a happy ending! Lol! It’s a proverbial needle in a haystack, if the needle still exists at all!

In my case, I have pictures of the scope w/ rings and can that match my rifle. They exist, are very nice and are presently mated to another very nice rifle. The chances of that owner ever giving them up is close to zero unless I have some serious $$$$ and/or something to trade. So for the time being I would be happy just to get a scope to put onto my rifle.

I assume that my rifle, scope & can were in an estate and whoever disposed of the items didn't realize that they belonged together or they may have been stored in different areas of the house and the connection between them was lost.

Not to get too far off on a tangent but how often does this happen? I too am on the lookout for the matching scope mount for my rifle and Ive always wondered how many of us have experienced such a happy ending! Lol! It’s a proverbial needle in a haystack, if the needle still exists at all!

To be honest I have been able to put 2 Scopes back with the matching Rifle and as right now I know were 2 SC Rifles are and there matching optics but I am not able to get these put back together for underlying reasons . Also the same situation with an LSR Rifle and its Mount & Scope . Most always it turns out one the collectors refuses to let go of his piece so they can be reunited . Best Regards .

Dave your messages were full, but I am looking for BMJ scope with scope rings Serial number 2657H! Thank you Gage!

Hi Gage , Welcome to the forum . Sorry I can not help you with Your needed SC Scope . I have owned 1 H suffix but the Rifle number was 6711H . I will keep an eye out and check all my pics to see if I have a photo record of this Serial Number 2657H . Sorry to say it does not look familiar to me . Unlike the one Peter was looking for I knew right off the bat that I had seen and had pics number Set . Best Regards

Are you willing timeshare photo of your SC with us ?? . Really like to see it . :thumbsup:

Yes please sharing pictures. We love seeing Single Claws.

MrFarb and I have talked about this matching scopes to rifles job and I plan in the near future to start a project that will help do this. Much like a Japanese collector, I will save serial numbers and contact information for any one willing to share what they have and then will help people get into contact with each other. More to come in the future.

To be honest I have been able to put 2 Scopes back with the matching Rifle and as right now I know were 2 SC Rifles are and there matching optics but I am not able to get these put back together for underlying reasons . Also the same situation with an LSR Rifle and its Mount & Scope . Most always it turns out one the collectors refuses to let go of his piece so they can be reunited . Best Regards .

I don't not gonna talk ugly about people, but I'll ask this: why would someone that has a matching scope to someone else's rifle refuse to reunite it? Is it that they want to trade them for a similar quality scope/mount combo? Are they just emotionally attached to that mount? Are they just jealous? I don't get it. Why would someone act like this?

Last SC I saw offered came out of an Estate in the Reading, PA area about 5 years ago. Seller actually had zero idea of what he was selling and listed it as a bring back scope from WW2 vets estate. The scope and mounts were very heavily worn and you could just tell by looking at it, that it was really played hard with by the vets kids (if you grew up in the late 50's or 60's you know what I mean). Although, the listing didn't specified if the scope work, it still went for over $2,500. (I actually believe it was $3,100. but....it's been a while, and I know it was higher than 2,500.)

I don't not gonna talk ugly about people, but I'll ask this: why would someone that has a matching scope to someone else's rifle refuse to reunite it? Is it that they want to trade them for a similar quality scope/mount combo? Are they just emotionally attached to that mount? Are they just jealous? I don't get it. Why would someone act like this?

Probably because whoever has the completed item just made a proverbial goldmine that only gets bigger.

While whoever let the other item go only gets value they sell it for?

95% of the time people that have a matching scope is a money issue they will do the deal but only if they come out way on top . One example , A well known dealer had a consignment it was a SC with mm scope , this guy was contacted by the person who had the matching rifle he told the guy You want my Scope to your matching rifle , I want Your Scope and 5K for mine . The guy ended up doing the deal but as I said most times the guy holding the scope wants to come out way on top .

I will say this and agree its ok to put a premium on a Scope that You may have to a matching rifle but You don`t Stick it in em side ways and also brake off in em . Some people are just pure shite birds and this guy was without a doubt .

On there is this example , I know someone that has the Matching Scope to a matching SC Rifle I know of , he said he is willing to do a straight across trade for same cond. Scope & Rings should I be able to find the rifle and new owner . I have been trying to track down the owner of this rifle .

Then You do have those that just can`t part with such items no matter what . At least thats my take on it . I really enjoy the feeling of reuniting Scopes to there Matching Rifle and some just don`t care . Best Regards

Well it's nice to hear it does happen!

MrFarb and I have talked about this matching scopes to rifles job and I plan in the near future to start a project that will help do this. Much like a Japanese collector, I will save serial numbers and contact information for any one willing to share what they have and then will help people get into contact with each other. More to come in the future.

I'd certainly be interested in this endeavor!

It certainly seems like a dick move to not be willing to help a fellow collector, certainly in a case like this. I mean, I certainly think it's reasonable to expect fair compensation for a matching mount or scope but to try to gouge someone or simply refuse to budge simply out of spite is pretty poor form.

Hey guys I will indeed try to take some pics and show you guys! Sadly its a complete mismatch I bought it as a barreled action, but Being a legit action I couldint turn it down! Currently im looking for 2657H parts or time period correct BNZ single claw parts. Dave I believe its a 43 gun. The one thing I really need is a BNZ 43-44 production laminated stock if you got one! Thank you Gage!

Hey guys I will indeed try to take some pics and show you guys! Sadly its a complete mismatch I bought it as a barreled action, but Being a legit action I couldint turn it down! Currently im looking for 2657H parts or time period correct BNZ single claw parts. Dave I believe its a 43 gun. The one thing I really need is a BNZ 43-44 production laminated stock if you got one! Thank you Gage!

Oh, you bought the barrel auction off of Gunbroker from Elite Collection. Keep in mind that the barrel has been replaced and the new barrel is not put on right. I would look into that before you try shooting it.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/690971279

Mdarnell indeed I did he said he throw in a stock, handgaurd, bands, and a triggerguard, and a bolt! so I was pretty happy! Im gonna make it a nice piece!

Military Rifle Journal
Back