Third Party Press

Vol III: Factory Capture Reference Map Missing or No longer Available?

rcmauser

The Factory Capture Reference Map is missing from the Revised 2012 Volume III, Kriegsmodell Book that I purchased. It is referenced in the Acknowledgements, from Jeff Diederichs. Perhaps it was part of the first run of the Kriegsmodell only.

It is part of the first printing I have, as a pull out supplement pasted to the inside back cover. I found it to be a useful research tool.

Attachments

• map_rev_020810.pdf
    194 KB · Views: 156
Last edited by a moderator:
The map was only in the original version. It turned out to be a big job putting those in, we had to do each one individually, I guess we forgot to remove the text from the revised edition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the response. That is what I figured. Can it be made available as an online resource to the book or is there a copy right issue with the map? I know it was a great endeavor of time and effort to include it in the first book. Classic book making at its finest. Well worth it, in my opinion and I am glad I got it.

It has been many years, I believe it was part of a now defunct website. I do not remember the name. Maybe it is available on the “Wayback Machine” (https://web.archive.org). I can get a high quality (4MB) scan made from the insert. However, using the original may work better.

Factory map for first printing of Volume III

I will post up the PDF for anyone to print.
Give me a day or so.

I bet a lot of people with the first run of kriegsmodell don't even know that map is back there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First printing of Kriegsmodell

When we released the first batch of Kriegsmodell, there was a foldout map in the inset.
The reprint edition did not have the map.

I bet a lot of people with the first run of kriegsmodell don't even know that map is back there. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tru Dat! I purchased this book the instant it was released and never realized this map was there until just now. Amazing .....

Military Rifle Journal
Back