Third Party Press

Neat folding shovel type frog

mrfarb

No War Eagles For You!
Staff member
Picked this frog up from Bruce a while back and thought I might post some pics. Bayonet is an "ab44", frog is marked "rcx". Most of these I see have RB Numbers on them- I added the frog to the bayonet, it just looks so good together! I started (trying) to collect all of the 1944 date bayonets a few years back- it's much harder than it sounds!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC_0011.JPG
    DSC_0011.JPG
    210.6 KB · Views: 186
  • DSC_0013.JPG
    DSC_0013.JPG
    258.1 KB · Views: 185
  • DSC_0014.JPG
    DSC_0014.JPG
    256.1 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC_0015.JPG
    DSC_0015.JPG
    256.7 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC_0016.JPG
    DSC_0016.JPG
    211.1 KB · Views: 26
That's a great looking "rig" (if bayonets are "rigs").

I used to collect bayonets, had a few really desireable ones, several really early, which is not my normal area of interest.. I had a nearly mint 1937 dated S/239 code, that's a tough catch. (Uncle has it now - I'll get it back someday!) I do want to get back to it, but I want to try to rebuild my decimated rifle collection.

Much like the binos I also collect now, you can get a really nice piece from time to time without breaking the bank, unlike rifles (at least for me, my "bank" is small). I need to find a rivet grip and a phosphate sgx, first off. All I have left is a beat up early EP&S as an example, and a WKC dress bayonet with frog I have had since I was a kid (anyone have an extra felt ricasso pad?)

I love your bayo, and the frog is exceptional. Man, you take great pics, Mike.

Jeff

Mike
Great Frog & Bayo You really need to save Your Cash for an upcoming Item we were talking about , So just send the both of them to me and I will just help You get the Cash You need by helping You that way , Hay what are friends for you really not need thank me either . Got Your Back Bro. Best Regards
:laugh::laugh::thumbsup:

No worries, I traded it to Hambone for his old Joke book, such a deal!

got one at an auction 25 years ago, it was on a k98. Had no idea what it was for sure. It wasn;t until ebay came along that I figured out it was actually worth something. It is marked but hard to read.

Military Rifle Journal
Back