Third Party Press

Mauser Oberndorf Deutsches Sportmodell - DSM-34 Trigger Job/Replacement

GM01

Interested in knowing if there is a drop-in trigger for this model. Timney tells me its 98K trigger would fit the bill. Would appreciate input, from those with experience, on the Timney or any other offering. Thanks!

DSM-34 Trigger Job/Replacement

Thanks. The trigger I have on this sporterized rifle works. Looking to make the trigger better than stock.

Out of curiosity, I did a comparison. The picture shows a later Oberndorf DSM-34 trigger assembly with a 98 series trigger and sear for comparison. While similar in concept, there is clearly a different geometry and dimensions. The cross pins may be the only common parts.

Attachments

• DSM_98 Trigger Comp.gif
    DSM_98 Trigger Comp.gif
    79.8 KB · Views: 43
Out of curiosity, I did a comparison. The picture shows a later Oberndorf DSM-34 trigger assembly with a 98 series trigger and sear for comparison. While similar in concept, there is clearly a different geometry and dimensions. The cross pins may be the only common parts.

Very interesting comparison, thanks! I'll have to get into my trigger group to learn more about it and talk with Timney before ordering their drop-in upgrade. BTW, I have a son studying at Gettysburg College. ;-)

I'll hijack this thread for a similar question.. I've been trying to shoot my new KKW and have found the trigger to be far too heavy. It likely matches the weight of a fullbore K98 trigger, which simply does not lend itself to target shooting in .22LR.

If I had a good gunsmith look over the trigger and lighten it would it affect the value of the rifle? It must be 8+ lbs at the moment. Has anyone modified their trigger and brought it down to something more manageable?

Military Rifle Journal
Back