Third Party Press

Don't miss out on these K98 rifles

He comes out of the "hundred acre wood" yet again..... I can hear his theme song VIVIDLY !!

bother.jpg

Humpty dumpty sat on a crate of Mauser 98’s. Humpty Dumpty ripped off them all. All the buyers and the collects couldn’t get their money again.

On a serious note, I’d like to know where all these non-import marked rifles are coming from. Last time I checked it was a felony to remove and import mark.

If it's anything like the previous couple they're probably all sold already.

Am sure they have sold is right heavy mech. I especially liked the glazed doughnut look of the stocks. Think more need advice from K98k forum before shelling out $1600!

On a serious note, I’d like to know where all these non-import marked rifles are coming from. Last time I checked it was a felony to remove and import mark.

It's not. No one has ever been able to source anything that says otherwise. Removing a serial is bad, an import mark is just required at import, for importing. Once it's here...

I could only make it through the first four rifles. Just that exposure alone permanently damaged my mind. I speak “Ben” so let me translate some of what you heard.

“I’m not seeing any import markings on any of these rifles” = I ground off all the import markings myself, so sure as f__k they’re gone.

“All of these rifles have all of their serial numbers matching” = I should know they all match, I did it myself. Take my word for it!

“I’m assuming these were all professionally restored” (This was in the first 30 seconds or so, you may have missed it!) = I worked these babies over hard, they’re humped as f__k, and since this IS my profession, it’s professional.

“These all have the cartouches in the stocks” = Check our the results from the new die set I got off EBay! Big eagles OH YEAH!

Where is he getting all these rifles? Easy. Maybe these are all re-humped Mitchell’s Mausers. What’s worse that a humped rifle? One that’s been double humped.

Let’s hope he made enough to buy some freaking nail clippers and an A/C unit for his hump factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This!!!! LMAO!!!

I could only make it through the first four rifles. Just that exposure alone permanently damaged my mind. I speak “Ben” so let me translate some of what you heard.

“I’m not seeing any import markings on any of these rifles” = I ground off all the import markings myself, so sure as f__k they’re gone.

“All of these rifles have all of their serial numbers matching” = I should know they all match, I did it myself. Take my word for it!

“I’m assuming these were all professionally restored” (This was in the first 30 seconds or so, you may have missed it!) = I worked these babies over hard, they’re humped as f__k, and since this IS my profession, it’s professional.

“These all have the cartouches in the stocks” = Check our the results from the new die set I got off EBay! Big eagles OH YEAH!

Where is he getting all these rifles? Easy. Maybe these are all re-humped Mitchell’s Mausers. What’s worse that a humped rifle? One that’s been double humped.

Let’s hope he made enough to buy some freaking nail clippers and an A/C unit for his hump factory.

"collectors" have a view of value & what appeals..

non-collectors, have a diff view and the two views are not the same. Sadly, honest, matched, & worn can by trumped by shiney/pimpy to the non-collectors. Of course Ben's barking suggesting these are something they are not whips the non-collectors into a lather.

I especially liked the dot 43 in the last batch that had the war eagles on the left side of the stock. Must be a rare variation, he should have charged more for that one.

I used to feel bad for people that got taken by turds like these. I don't anymore though. It's 2017, and ten minutes of google searching or $100 in books will tell you that these pieces of shite are worthless fakes. So yea, buy away.

I'm becoming less and less sympathetic as well. How hard is it to Google and find this site? How hard is it to buy the Karem/Steves books?

"collectors" have a view of value & what appeals..

non-collectors, have a diff view and the two views are not the same. Sadly, honest, matched, & worn can by trumped by shiney/pimpy to the non-collectors. Of course Ben's barking suggesting these are something they are not whips the non-collectors into a lather.
Seems to be the case. So many people in Facebook groups just can't seem to wrap their minds around the fact that originality is important. So many are willing to throw $1,000+ at a gun because it is refinished and Ben says it's OK.

I'm becoming less and less sympathetic as well. How hard is it to Google and find this site? How hard is it to buy the Karem/Steves books?

Agreed, I still do feel a little bad for them, and they think they have a nice collectible original rifle, albeit “professionally restored” and don’t have any idea how bad they got screwed. And in a way, what Big Ben is pushing LOOKS more like a novice might expect a “minty” rifle to look, as opposed to what a closet fresh gun does.

Again, what mainly winds my spring is the ruining of perfectly good stuff. Stocks, major and minor parts, this guy ruins EVERYTHING. But like a good snake oil salesman he sounds convincing and generates good looking guns, and he’s making a bunch of money doing it too.

Military Rifle Journal
Back