Third Party Press
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: east german SKS question

correct east german SKS rifle did not have grenade launchers, but heck any thing is possible

He is talking about a DPRK gun that he had with the gas cutoff. These do exist.

Kor grenade-8.jpg

http://www.yooperj.com/SKS-8.htm

I want to say the last E.G. SKS I saw for sale started at about 5K a couple years ago.

Just ran across this thread. Wonder if the guy whom started it ever got the rifle. I had one back in the 1980s which was a bring-back from Europe via a USGI. I do believe it sold a few years ago at a RIA auction. One of my many "would'a-should'a-could'as" was to have kept the SKSs I got back in the '70s & '80s. Well, have made pretty good progress in the past few years trying to resurrect what I used to have. Actually have more nice rifles than I did then, and not long ago got another E. German. It is a Vietnam bring-back with some corrosion on the top of the bolt and spring cover, but otherwise is pretty decent and 100% matching. Got a friend holding a excellent N. Korean and he has promised it to me, so guess that is better than nothing...!