Third Party Press

Mauser K98k byf 1943. missing some stamp, is it legit?

Ren

Last edited:
Some pictures on the rifle

Bolt Handle(top).jpgBolt Handle(bottom).jpgBolt(top).jpgCock.jpgExtractor.jpgFront Barrel Band(left).jpgBack Barrel Band(left).jpgFront Sight.jpg

Attachments

• Receiver(left).jpg
    Receiver(left).jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 92
  • Receiver(top).jpg
    Receiver(top).jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 96
  • Receiver(right).jpg
    Receiver(right).jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 91
  • Barrel(left).jpg
    Barrel(left).jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 69
  • Flootplate(front).jpg
    Flootplate(front).jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 69
  • Floorplate(back).jpg
    Floorplate(back).jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Byf43

Cleaning rod should be not be numbered and if you are talking about the mag follower it should not be either. You should really post some photos and the true experts will let you know what you are looking at.

Those stamps aren't on the right of the receiver, they're on the left as in the photos you posted. Maybe you are thinking of the waffenamts? Some makes have those on the left, not all. An expert here can weigh in on that. Floorplates and cleaning rods don't always have serial numbers either.

Those stamps aren't on the right of the receiver, they're on the left as in the photos you posted. Maybe you are thinking of the waffenamts? Some makes have those on the left, not all. An expert here can weigh in on that. Floorplates and cleaning rods don't always have serial numbers either.

My friend's k98k has a little nazi eagle stamp on the right of the receiver with number 135 on it. I usually see this kind of stamp on most rifle, like this...
??.jpg
- the picture is from the internet

Last edited:
My friend's k98k has a little nazi eagle stamp on the right of the receiver with number 135 on it. I usually see this kind of stamp on most rifle

Does it look something like these? Those are waffenamts. Inspection stamps. Not all rifles have these on the receivers.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-09 at 9.30.53 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-11-09 at 9.30.53 AM.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 45
My friend's k98k has a little nazi eagle stamp on the right of the receiver with number 135 on it. I usually see this kind of stamp on most rifle, like this...
View attachment 163162
- the picture is from the internet

Yeah, that's a waffenamt. Rifles can vary block by block (yours is a b block). Some byf 43's might have a waffenamt in that area and some might not. I dont know for sure what yours exactly should have, but I'm sure someone here will know for sure ;-)

Yeah, that's a waffenamt. Rifles can vary block by block (yours is a b block). Some byf 43's might have a waffenamt in that area and some might not. I dont know for sure what yours exactly should have, but I'm sure someone here will know for sure ;-)

thx a lot. Im trying to learn this staff. it's not cheap. im trying to more careful about it

Hi, I was looking at a byf K98k rifle made in 1943 with serial# 20804b. Every part on the rifle matches; however, I cannot find the Nazi eagle stamp on the right of the receiver as I usually see on others. Also the floorplate and the cleaning rod have no serial#. I'm not sure is it original or it has been faked.
View attachment 163145View attachment 163146View attachment 163147View attachment 163148View attachment 163149View attachment 163150

Floorplate should be milled with the last 4 digits stamped in the same fashion as the TG. What part of NY are you from? You should introduce yourself in the new members section.

Floorplate should be milled with the last 4 digits stamped in the same fashion as the TG. What part of NY are you from? You should introduce yourself in the new members section.

Sry I just noticed that. I post it several minutes ago. I live in Suffolk county in Long Island right now

Just curious. May I know the reason why you gave up your rifle? Is there any problem with it?

People buy and sell each other’s rifles here all the time, it’s a pretty normal thing so no need to be wary. Peoples’ focuses and interests change over time, or they decide they want something and need $$$ to buy it so something has to go. We all have a few “oh that used to be _______’s rifle!” in our collections. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People buy and sell each other’s rifles here all the time, it’s a pretty normal thing so no need to be wary. Peoples’ focuses and interests change over time, or they decide they want something and need $$$ to buy it so something has to go. We all have a few “oh that used to be _______’s rifle!” in our collections. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can agree too that. I have sold quite a few rifles here too fellow collectors. Needed funds for something else, had too much stuff in the safe, and it was time too collect something different. But I was happy too sell rifles too fellow members that will enjoy them more then I did. Plus I helped get a rifle in their collection they have been looking for quite awhile.

Military Rifle Journal
Back