Third Party Press

1938 bSw

It's a great find, congrats to your new BSW! :happy0180:

Some information about the matching muzzle cover, I have a order from December 3, 1935 in the General Army Communications published by the Army High Command on December 11, 1935.

"Property verification muzzle cover to K. 98k.

The muzzle cover of old and new production are stamped on the surface of the lid with the serial number of the associated weapon. Please note H.V.Bl. 1934 S. 14 Nr. 33.
If there is no space on the surface of the lid due to the presence of invalid stamping, the serial number is stamped on the inside of the lid.
The stamping has to be done in 2mm font height.

Supreme High Command of the German Army,
3.12.35. AHA/In 2 (III).
"

Very interesting. One would think we'd see much more of them.

Nice one Dave!! Glad you were able to add to your BSW obsession! Got any nice Sauers to trade?? 😁

Nice one Dave!! Glad you were able to add to your BSW obsession! Got any nice Sauers to trade?? ��

Clay, Not at the moment. The only non-bSw's I even have are a matching byf43 f block in walnut and two 337/1939's. Looking at some non-import barreled receivers later but unsure what they are as of yet.

Last edited:
I like it. Worn but original. Ill take that anyway over nicer but messed with. The matching rod and muzzle cover make up for the rod in my opinion. Matching rod is a tough find........muzzle cover? lol not sure I've seen one.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

great to find these 2 twins, and congratulations for the Matching muzzle cove and E/4 rod cleaning (matching ?). The tolal production of 50000 BSW 1938 or about 160 rifles per day, your 1182 and my 1662 were manufactured a few days apart of 2.3 or 4 days. who knows he may have belonged to the same unit!

The same places of E / 4, all, I will do other photos.

Tank you for your post MOWZERLUVR

Attachments

• DSC04423.jpg
    DSC04423.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC_0301.jpg
    DSC_0301.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC04443.jpg
    DSC04443.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC_0309.jpg
    DSC_0309.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 27
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

great to find these 2 twins, and congratulations for the Matching muzzle cove and E/4 rod cleaning (matching ?). The tolal production of 50000 BSW 1938 or about 160 rifles per day, your 1182 and my 1662 were manufactured a few days apart of 2.3 or 4 days. who knows he may have belonged to the same unit!

The same places of E / 4, all, I will do other photos.

Tank you for your post MOWZERLUVR

I was thinking the same thing. Both in the same infantry unit headed into Poland in 1939 to start their wartime careers and managed to last through the war in matching condition.

Since I know it would offend the snobs on this site who are prejudiced against RC's I will not post any of my 1938 BSW receiver and barrel #1008a.

Even though it marched off along side yours.
And like the vast majority of those that did, sadly did not make it back in one piece...

Peace

Since I know it would offend the snobs on this site who are prejudiced against RC's I will not post any of my 1938 BSW receiver and barrel #1008a.

And like the vast majority of those that did, sadly did not make it back in one piece...

Peace

roger that

Peace

Hello, What RC's ?

I do not understand

Thank you

Peace
While some are prejudiced most of us just aren't interested in ones that have been through Soviet refurbishment. The crowd likes original condition cause of its rarity.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Peace

We've learned a good bit about production and serial ranges from RCs and I think they certainly have a place in K98k history. Obviously we know yours went to the Eastern Front, which made anything happening on the Western Front pale by comparison. Don't mean to push this thread OT.

Peace

Most of us like them all. Out of my 7 bSw rifles only one is matching, 3 are bolt m/m or a few missing parts and 3 are in fact RC rifles. One of each 37, 38 and 39. It's not that we're snobs, just feeling happy to have found a matching example, then another one in less than a month from our member in France. Yours has a place in all this. On the bSw thread we put RC information for study.

I knew that post would get a rise out of you:laugh:just couldn't resist a poke at any who can't appreciate their (RC's) place.

It is clear most of you respect them all - both for what [all of] these guns ARE - and for what they are worth.

It is amazing to see a rifle like #1182 and so many many others that turn up here, and each time I learn something new.

Thanks for being here.

Ill post some pics when I get some good ones (as i know you're all pic quality snobs too - haha)

Peace

Why do you think this?? Post it up brother. You won't find me mocking it. Not everything that left in '36-38 did not return.. just most.

Military Rifle Journal
Back