Third Party Press

1938 bSw

mowzerluvr

Hey Buddy, is that an E/4 in your pocket?
My new bSw. This makes 7 bSw rifles now. I did my level best at photos. My hands have nerve damage and photo taking is a very difficult procedure. Every little part of this rifle matches but sadly the band spring is unmarked and that is incorrect for a bSw rifle. I paid heavy for it but I think I'll keep it. Finish looks like the weapon saw some good wartime use, wish it was better but finding a bSw in matching condition has been a task that has eluded me for some time.
DSC04404.jpgDSC04406.jpgDSC04407.jpgDSC04405.jpgDSC04429.jpgDSC04408.jpgDSC04409.jpgDSC04411.jpgDSC04410.jpgDSC04402.jpg

Last edited:
That's a nice rifle very scarce to find for sale. I don't doubt it that you paid for it but the big key is if you're happy with it. And you look like you are!

So this is where all the BSW's go....

Very cool, and the band spring wouldn't bother me at all...but that's just me...

Now, if I were a Dem, I could point out how unfair it is that you have seven, and I have none...I will have to vote for Bernie next time, maybe he will make you send me one to make things fair...:laugh:

Seriously though, congrats on a nice one, love the been there done that look...hard to decide whats better, been there done that, or factory fresh...

The answer of course is get both...

Terrible rifle! You should immediately sell it to me to rid yourself of this hideous beast. :laugh:

Seriously though it's a fabulous piece! You should be very proud. As someone already said an unmessed with example is the needle in the haystack. Fantastic find.

Beautiful rifle [emoji106] There is just something about those bSw's that speaks to me. Congrats on a great addition to your collection.

Sendt fra min G8141 med Tapatalk

It's a great find, congrats to your new BSW! :happy0180:

Some information about the matching muzzle cover, I have a order from December 3, 1935 in the General Army Communications published by the Army High Command on December 11, 1935.

"Property verification muzzle cover to K. 98k.

The muzzle cover of old and new production are stamped on the surface of the lid with the serial number of the associated weapon. Please note H.V.Bl. 1934 S. 14 Nr. 33.
If there is no space on the surface of the lid due to the presence of invalid stamping, the serial number is stamped on the inside of the lid.
The stamping has to be done in 2mm font height.

Supreme High Command of the German Army,
3.12.35. AHA/In 2 (III).
"

Military Rifle Journal
Back