Third Party Press

1938 bSw

What a fantastic idea Jory! When we were out on the hunt he would always joke about and make me stop at one of his favorite spots…….Ronnie’s Steak House(aka McDonalds). Now when I pass by one, I’ll think of that ole Marine laughing at me. There I was thinking I was going to get steak for lunch and it turned out to be a Big Mac! We lost a good Marine!

Very happy with it. Not crazy about the unmarked band spring but I'll try to compose myself. Has the 10" rod still too.
View attachment 163739

Jory, great idea to bump the thread in honour of Dave. It’s always nice to reopen old discussions and keep the education going.

Is anyone possibly able to comment on when bsw first began utilizing the 12.5” rods? The reason I ask is because a buddy of mine has a 38’ a-block and I have a 39’ no-letter-block, both of which are untouched, matching examples and each example is cut to accept a 12.5” rod. I believe the data sheet in Vol I makes reference to the longer rods in 39’ but I wasn’t aware that they had been adopted as early as 38’?

Last edited:
You know for years I tried to get Dave to come to the SOS show. For one I wanted to surprise him with a coffee mug. With the big BSW logo on it! But, he told me due to his health. He couldn't travel such a long distance. Maybe one day when he was better he would come out and see all of us.

It is just sad, he really was one of the good ones. And thank you Jory for bumping this. He really was so happy with this rifle.

Beautiful!

Great pictures as well. Better than mine turn out, that's for sure. Thanks for sharing your latest find.

Edit - didn't notice the original date of the post. Probably would've helped if I read all the most recent replies instead of just the first handful. Oops!

You know for years I tried to get Dave to come to the SOS show. For one I wanted to surprise him with a coffee mug. With the big BSW logo on it! But, he told me due to his health. He couldn't travel such a long distance. Maybe one day when he was better he would come out and see all of us.

It is just sad, he really was one of the good ones. And thank you Jory for bumping this. He really was so happy with this rifle.
This is why you need to just do stuff when you can because you dont know when your day is up. I never met Dave in person being from the midwest. I bought some stocks and parts from him. He always was great to deal with. It would have been awesome to see him at sos.

Military Rifle Journal
Back