Third Party Press

Newbie question on 1941 bcd

Slow Ride

Hello All. I have a question regarding a 1941 bcd rifle that I saw at a local gun store. The receiver isn't marked "Mod.98" - I haven't seen this before, admittedly I haven't handled many K98s. Other than that it seemed like a good shooter grade rifle. The barrel was stamped bys. Serial numbers on bolt, receiver and barrel matched, as did the barrel bands. The trigger guard and floor plate matched each other, but not the bolt/receiver/barrel. Laminate stock. Anyway, asking price is $450 but before I try to buy it, I need to know if the lack of "Mod.98" stamp is a concern. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Run back and get it, not all 98k's had the Mod. 98 stamp on the side...

That's a steal if the stock hasn't been chopped...

Thanks for the input. I did purchase the rifle tonight. I'll post pictures tomorrow, but what I can see it looks like everything matches except the trigger guard and floor plate. One action screw matches the receiver and one matches the trigger guard and floor plate. The stock hand guard matches but the stock itself does not match. The stock has a "dot" stamp and an eagle with a H under it. I think the sling is original - it looks like the ones I see on the web and the cleaning rod is original based on what I see on the web. Anyway, thanks again and I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Hey congratulations on your purchase! Can’t wait to see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Military Rifle Journal
Back