Upside down E/135 on a DOU 43 & E/655 near small knots on a 42 1939

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    203.2 KB · Views: 91
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    213.2 KB · Views: 100
Great thread and posts BiO. Pic stickied.

The e/135s on stamped parts invariably denote subcontracted parts. The others, as noted, usually show inspection and clearance/repair of some defect.

I know what a few of these are- the 135 on the stamped rear band is typical on byf44/45 rifles with pressed metal upper band and C stock. Second is initial inspection for deletion of the machine operation at the rear of the receiver tang on L block byf44 rifles. The small 655 proof near the takedown disc also randomly shows up on a lot of rifles- it appears to be an inspection of the bolt takedown disc operation-- I have an armorers stock with the same proof there, and see them every now and then on standard production rifles. I've never figured out why MO sometimes used the E WaA135 stamp though.

Neat pics bob, thanks for posting. Maybe others can post theirs?

WaA623 below rear band on an 'a' block bnz 43:

Attachments

• 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 73
2 "Asterisk" markings on two 27 1940 rifles & another "Asterisk" on a armorers cocking piece pressed into production of a Portuguese M941 rifle:

Attachments

• proof.jpg
    proof.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 88
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 84
  • cockpeice.jpg
    cockpeice.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
The e/135s on stamped parts invariably denote subcontracted parts. The others, as noted, usually show inspection and clearance/repair of some defect.

Ham... I wonder about the E/135 on the bands as just a subbed out part. Here's another one on a matched byf44 so its also used in-house. In my experience these show up infrequently. Is this a flaw (perhaps band weld) that was accepted or some random inspections to spot check???

Attachments

• byf44E135Band.jpg
    byf44E135Band.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 47
Great post. This why I just don't bother with other forums too much anymore. I get the "meat" right here.

Jeff

Ham... I wonder about the E/135 on the bands as just a subbed out part. Here's another one on a matched byf44 so its also used in-house. In my experience these show up infrequently. Is this a flaw (perhaps band weld) that was accepted or some random inspections to spot check???

Oops. I didn't read the thread very closely. Post deleted! :rofl:

Last edited:

Bob, that inspection on the stamped band is the same as the e/135 inspection on stamped triggerguard units. It merely shows that stamped part was manufactured and inspected by Oberndorf. They were used in byf production and subcontracted out to other manufacturers, just as the stamped triggerguard units. On the latter, the e/135 stamped units utilized by other makers have one e/135 and those used by MO show two e/135s. The e/135 inspected receiver is the reverse. That is an ar receiver incorporated into byf production that was final inspected by MO as any other receiver.

this is a dot 1944 in the ak block that ive had a while. all matching duffle cut bring back. looks like someone wasnt paying attention when they stamped that e/63

DSCN5733.jpg

Military Rifle Journal
Back