Third Party Press

Another a block K43 ac45

RyanE

Baby Face
Staff member
Picked up this ac45 from a fellow member, and while I think everyone has already seen this gun and its nothing all that special except for the condition, this subforum needs some attention. :thumbsup:

An early dual lug gun (I think the a block was the first block for these) with the very cool "reverse 45" bolt carrier and the typical mix of phosphate and blue. Like the d block ac45 posted by sturmgrenadier a while back, the safety is bent too far and rubs against the stock in the fire position. A batch of previously rejected safeties being used up, perhaps? Stock and handguard are a WaAC10 subcontracted set.

Barrel code looks like 'dtk 67 . 45' if anyone is tracking that stuff.

Attachments

• DSC_3769.JPG
    DSC_3769.JPG
    270.6 KB · Views: 125
  • DSC_3768.jpg
    DSC_3768.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 132
  • Receiver Left.jpg
    Receiver Left.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 165
  • Receiver Right.jpg
    Receiver Right.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 121
  • Bolt Carrier.jpg
    Bolt Carrier.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 127
  • Bolt Top.jpg
    Bolt Top.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 119
  • Bolt SN.jpg
    Bolt SN.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 103
  • Bolt Flap Left.jpg
    Bolt Flap Left.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 94
  • Bolt Flap Right.jpg
    Bolt Flap Right.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 96
  • Bolt FP.jpg
    Bolt FP.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 95
  • Receiver Lugs.jpg
    Receiver Lugs.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 93
  • Receiver Top.jpg
    Receiver Top.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 106
  • Stock Right.jpg
    Stock Right.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 103
  • Stock Left.jpg
    Stock Left.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 97
  • Stock WaA359.jpg
    Stock WaA359.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 104
  • Stock Bottom.jpg
    Stock Bottom.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 85
  • Band Right.jpg
    Band Right.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 88
  • Barrel.jpg
    Barrel.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 83
  • Gas System.JPG
    Gas System.JPG
    178.7 KB · Views: 86
  • Handguard.jpg
    Handguard.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 99
Nice one Ryan! You’re right ac45 aren’t rare at all, but I never tire of looking at one that hasn’t been messed up.

Wonderful condition. She’s reported in my serial listings/descriptions for these. About two hundred or so later starts a small batch of “G.43” marked milled receiver guns.

I agree, it’s been way too slow here so glad you got the ball rolling.

Last edited:
What are you doing to get such great photos? There’s no shaddows and the coloring of everything is spot on. I’ll bet they are taken outside, but whatever the other steps are is beyond me.

What are you doing to get such great photos? There’s no shaddows and the coloring of everything is spot on. I’ll bet they are taken outside, but whatever the other steps are is beyond me.

I have a low end Nikon DSLR (a D3100) and an SB700 flash unit. It's amazing what a decent flash unit pointed at the ceiling can do. Background is a really cheap white photo background off Amazon. I take all my photos indoors with no additional lighting. I use Nikon's free ViewNX software to straighten, adjust exposure and color, etc.

I am honestly a hack photographer.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I think my b block is very similar to yours. Great find... Did santa leave any goodies inside trapdoor?

Nice Rifle, I also have it listed in my Serial Number/ descriptions. I show a that time it had no butt plate, and had a non matching mount with scope.

Nice Rifle, I also have it listed in my Serial Number/ descriptions. I show a that time it had no butt plate, and had a non matching mount with scope.

Do you have any info on 9302c or 1199b I am trying to locate the owners of these 2 rifles. Thanks

Do you have any info on 9302c or 1199b I am trying to locate the owners of these 2 rifles. Thanks

I do have some info. on these Rifles, there were 3 of them captured at the plant by the Vet, and brought home. I believe the individual that got these from the Vet or his family kept one, and sold the other two.I later heard he finally sold the one he kept. The Serial #’s were 1206b, 1199b, and 9302c. I believe one or two members here knew him, and possibly you could get some info. from him. You probably already have most of this info. already.

The guy who found them sold me the one he kept (1206b) a couple of years ago. I am looking for the owners of the other rifles he sold off so I can get a photo copy of the capture papers. I would like to try reunite them if they become available again. The seller didn’t have any real information to give me.They were sold on the G/K43 forum which is long gone. Can you confirm that the 3rd rifle was 9302c? I know the 3rd rifle was a C block but never knew that was the correct sn for sure.

Military Rifle Journal
Back