Third Party Press

Recently acquired G29ö

ltong29

Recently acquired G29ö/G12/34. Sadly the stock has been mutilated. Looking to restore, so I think I need a new stock/handguard and front band. Any leads?
Barrel code is 38B04 with 6x WAA623
fzJIQG0h.jpg

ubv5ymAh.jpg

xupj0Rdh.jpg

Ko8Ml2Th.jpg

2T0hE3Lh.jpg

Pretty rare rifle, you’re going to have a hard time finding the parts you need though. Nice seeing barrel lot code #4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm getting the feeling it won't be easy. Was the bayonet lug built into the stock or part of the front band? I'm assuming it's part of the stock, but I'm not 100%. Aside from a new stock (and associated hardware and sling points), hand guard, and front band, am I missing any other parts?

Very hard rifle to find and to find one dated '38 is even harder. You're going to find it nearly impossible to locate the parts to bring it back. Good luck!

So sad. I'd love to have overheard the conversation before that 'stylist' had at the stock. Who on earth thought that was an improvement? I'm pretty sure you could get someone to recreate the front end, but that abortion in the grip area is terrible. It makes me want to cry. :facepalm:

Good luck with your quest. I understand why you wanted to do this.

So I actually had a conversation with the seller. He claims to be selling it for a neighbor's widow and was unsure if the recently deceased was in the service or not. It does seem somewhat consistent with a duffel cut, but i'm not 100% on this one. No import mark also. I'm thinking maybe a VZ-24 upper might work for this

Military Rifle Journal
Back