Third Party Press
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: fake or real sniper????

Quote Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
    Not really a very good fake. I would go for a mismatch real German Sniper and save your money.
    Thanks Hercules

HAHA!

Ok so i called him back to break the bad news to him. We were supposed to meet back tonight for the transaction. Here's how the phone call went.

Me: Hey so I gotta pass on your rifle. I checked with some other people and they are saying that it is a definite reproduction sniper rifle.

Him: Yeah?? Why do they think that, they dont know what they are talking about.

Me: <I listed the reasons>

Him: I told you the mount was a repro when you got here.

Me: No you didnt!! You explicitly pointed out to me that the mount was legit, making reference to the matching numbers on the mount.

Him: I just said it had a matching numbers mount, not that it wasnt a reproduction with matching numbers.

Me: Listen dude, if you are gonna pass that thing off as an original sniper, you should at least change the buttplate. That thing looked like it was made yesterday. That was my first clue that it wasnt real.

He hung up on me........

Quote Originally Posted by Ricker View Post

Him: I just said it had a matching numbers mount, not that it wasnt a reproduction with matching numbers.
    Comedy gold.

Good as gold! Someone must have had a wet discharge in his undies when he crafted this beauty.
    What could possibly go wrong with a brand new Yugo barrel, nicely renumbered bolt and a shiny butt plate that could double as a vanity mirror? I personally think the butt plate needs more war eagles. Heck, I want Dragom to stamp some Frankenbery deafhats into the receiver. And a giant knight's shield on the stock. And a year from now it will fetch premium $$$ on someone's grey blanket.
    I gotta go now and wash my eyes out, afraid I can't make this unseen...

i-need-to-wash-my-eyes-with-acid.jpg

Ill admit..Im as green as you can get with German rifles. Its a new hobby Im coming into as of late. But Im a classic car mechanic, so dont think for a minute anyone can pass off a 1969 GTO Judge clone by me for the real deal. Glad I had you guys around today. Thanks again!!

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
    Not really a very good fake. I would go for a mismatch real German Sniper and save your money.
    How common exactly are mismatched snipers? I have never seen one.

Quote Originally Posted by samuel990 View Post
    How common exactly are mismatched snipers? I have never seen one.
    They come up for sale. You just have to keep looking. Also, you have to find one that has not been misrepresented as being all matching.