Third Party Press

Thoughts on this mp44 mag?

maxipum

IMG_1113.jpgIMG_1115.jpgIMG_1116.jpgIMG_1112.jpgIMG_1117.jpgLooking to buy this mag locally, but I'm not sure about it. What do you think? Late war mag assembled in a hurry or post war hump job?

Last edited:
Many of these went through an East German or Yugo refurb process with left over German parts.

Overall it looks good, just that one side plate looks a little odd. The magazine looks very typical of the mags found in East German/Yugo hords - covered in cosmo. Generally the re-finished mags are quite obvious.

IMHO $ 500.00 is too much heck $ 300.00 is too much, but sadly folks are paying over the $ 300.00. its not east german marked, could be refurbished. but its functional, spare parts are available for mags

bet it would clean up nice with some wd-40 and brass/bronze wool, if painted then just WD-40 to remove the cosmoline

offer $ 300.00

Mp44 mag

Okay, I bought it and after a good cleaning you can clearly see where it used to say mp44 as well as the makers mark on the reverse side. Who sanitized mags?IMG_1119.jpgIMG_1120.jpg

mags

sadly too much,400. first original in useable condition I have seen in a while. :googlie

Interesting mag. For what it's worth non originals can be ok if wanted for shooting. I had 2 of the 5 aftermarket mags I have out shooting Sunday. They both ran fine in 3 MP's. I should have kept track of which came from where but did not. I know I have 1 from SARCO from probably 4 years ago, 2 from Numrich and 2 from a guy I did some work for. They are not all totally identical to each other so it's a crap shoot if I wanted to buy more.
Pete

IMHO $ 500.00 is too much heck $ 300.00 is too much, but sadly folks are paying over the $ 300.00. its not east german marked, could be refurbished. but its functional, spare parts are available for mags

bet it would clean up nice with some wd-40 and brass/bronze wool, if painted then just WD-40 to remove the cosmoline

offer $ 300.00

Looks good to me, no E pencil, or obvious rebluing. As far as prices, things are getting crazy. People are getting 300 for a common k43 mag, they used to be a 100 bucks all day.

this magazine is a postwar mismatch. qnw mags were not issued with blued floorplates with CHN marking on spring. Unless there is something I do not know which of course can always be the case. How are the other parts marked, respectively is the follower blued or not?

Military Rifle Journal
Back