Third Party Press

Good or not HT?

trinxet

Sorry for the bad quality of the photos!. the WaA135 is bad stamped thats normal?. The scope it's not its own

Attachments

• P1260241.jpg
    P1260241.jpg
    301.9 KB · Views: 154
  • P1260243.jpg
    P1260243.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 121
  • P1260245.jpg
    P1260245.jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 121
  • P1260247.jpg
    P1260247.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 124
  • P1260251.jpg
    P1260251.jpg
    290.6 KB · Views: 121
  • P1260252.jpg
    P1260252.jpg
    290.1 KB · Views: 108
Don't like it either looks like another number or font under the 135 stamp. Curious what they were asking for it?

In addition to the above comments and to pile on a little.....
Both bases show corrosion and patina inconsistent with the rest of the rifle
with no consistent continuation of the patina onto the receiver around the bases.
Been around a few legit HT and LT examples when none of this stuff was fake.
My .02, I dont think this is one of them.

Steve

thanks

The WaA135 is suspicious, but I'm surprised that you even don't like the mount bases, the rear one seemed good for me. what a mined land is the sniper thema....

what do you think about this low turret?. For me looks great , but?

Attachments

• _MG_5731.JPG
    _MG_5731.JPG
    284.2 KB · Views: 75
  • _MG_5725.jpg
    _MG_5725.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 57
  • _MG_5727.JPG
    _MG_5727.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 55
  • _MG_5733.JPG
    _MG_5733.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 59
The WaA135 is suspicious, but I'm surprised that you even don't like the mount bases, the rear one seemed good for me. what a mined land is the sniper thema....

Honestly you need to provide more photos. There is just enough photos posted here to make a mistake. The last rifle was obviously not correct. Show bolt safety, bases, and ect.

Last edited:

This LT pictured is in Robert`s Book for anyone who wants more pics and has his last book printed .

I'm liking that one more. But would want to see more pictures.

I do as well but better pictures are needed. Remember snipers are a minefield even some of the most seasoned collectors out there can get taken by them if their not careful.

The Low Turret looks like it might be OK. The safety is not numbered as far as I can tell from book photo. The safety should be numbered like other BYF 43 rifles according to what I have seen in the past. Can not see bands or stock numbers in book photos, so not much to go on there.

No more photos available

Thanks for your comments, the photos were done at an gun show and few time to do them...I was looking the new volume IIa and i found in page 216 and similar WaA135 stamp in an HT in k letter block as this is in the l block maybe....just compare them look somewhat similar
About the LT it has hiper price, and.....

Thanks for your comments, the photos were done at an gun show and few time to do them...I was looking the new volume IIa and i found in page 216 and similar WaA135 stamp in an HT in k letter block as this is in the l block maybe....just compare them look somewhat similar
About the LT it has hiper price, and.....

The rifle was put for sale at the Waffenbörse Kassel in Germany at the end of November. The asking price was € 26.000 and according to the seller, a German gun dealer, based on the asking price of the French owner.

Important to point out with this gun is the fact that it was offered with a matching numbers metal scope can. The scope can was NOT pictured in Robert Spielauers book, so one can assume it might not was there when the pictures were taken. And the second thing to point out, Robert pictured the rifle with a rubber eye cup - which was not present when offered for sale.

It is not clear when the serial number was switched at LT from the lid of the ring to the middle of the ring - the next all matching rifle is pictured in Vol.II of Mike and Steve one block later and already has the serial in the middle of the ring.

The switch of numbering the front scope ring from the lower to upper portion likely happened around the i and k block of 1943 rifles. It was also around this same time that the mounts got updated and became the High turret as we call it.

My 43 LT in the i block is numbered matching on the scope ring. it is duffle cut(I later acquired the matching duffle cut walnut stock, which I need to but back on it) and bolt mismatched though.

The OP rifle sure has highly polished bases.

Attachments

• k982012 065.jpg
    k982012 065.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 46
  • k982012 072.jpg
    k982012 072.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 38
  • k982012 074.jpg
    k982012 074.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 31
  • k982012 075.jpg
    k982012 075.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 28
My 43 LT in the i block is numbered matching on the scope ring. it is duffle cut(I later acquired the matching duffle cut walnut stock, which I need to but back on it) and bolt mismatched though.

The OP rifle sure has highly polished bases.
Thanks for posting your rifle is pretty nice:hail::hail::hail::hail:, would it be possible to post an detailed photo of the WaA135 stamp please?. Is just to compare them!

Military Rifle Journal
Back