Third Party Press

243 1939 Kriegsmarine

CanadianAR

Canadian Grizzly Eh
Staff member
Picked this up off a member here, Id been looking for one without any issues or questions for sometime, but everytime one came around i had no cash. Finally got this one. All matching to the screws, except rod. Very happy to get this one.

Data:

Sight hood - No slots

Front sight base - blued, e/26

Front band- blued, milled H, e/26

Rear band- blued, milled, e/26

Band Spring- Blued, serial numbered, e/26

Bayo lug- blued, serial number 2 digits, e/26

Hand guard- red glue lam, serial and suffix

Sight leaf- polished surface, numbered both sides, serialized, e/26 e/26

Sight slide - Blued, serialized, e/26

Sight Lock- Blued, serialized last 2, e/26

Rear sight base- blued, e/26 e/26

Ramp- blued, serialized, e/26, spring e/26

Barrel- blued, proofed, serialized,

Barrel code: 316/39Do e/26 e/26 e/26

Receiver- 243 1939, blued, serialized, proofed, Right side, e/26 e/26 e/26

Trigger guard- blued, milled, serialized, e/26 e/26

Floor plate - blued, milled, serialized, e/26

Follower-blued, serialized last two, e/26

Bolt- blued, serialized, proofed e/26 e/26

Safety - blued, serialized, e/26

Bolt Sleeve- blued, serial-led, e/26 e/26

Cocking Piece- blued, serialized, e/26

Firing pin- white. Serialized last two, e/26

Extractor-blued, serialized last two, band and ex e/26

Ejector box- blued, serialized last two, e/26, spring has e/26

Ejector screw- blued

Front action screw- blued, notched, e/26, serialized.

Rear action screw - blued, notched, e/26, serialized

Trigger- blued, e/26

Sear- white, serialized last two, e/26 e/26

Stock: Red glue laminate, 4.26.39 Br under buttplate, serial and suffix in channel, serial and suffix on comb with two E/26, side is E/M, E/waa26 X2

Butt plate- flat, serial and suffix, e/26

DSC_0130.jpgDSC_0131.jpgDSC_0139.jpgDSC_0140.jpgDSC_0141.jpgDSC_0162.jpgDSC_0163.jpgDSC_0164.jpgDSC_0073.jpgDSC_0081.jpgDSC_0082.jpgDSC_0107.jpgDSC_0112.jpgDSC_0074.jpgDSC_0080.jpgDSC_0101.jpgDSC_0104.jpgDSC_0152.jpgDSC_0159.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like an excellent example to me. My Dad's bringback is also a 243 but 1940 and stock has the "H" for army issuance. Cleaning rod on mine is correct length but has no marking or stamps at all. I heard rods were marked until around 1941. Other than that it is all matched bolt and all luckily. Sling is a L&F. Father retrieved this rifle from a building in a town the Germans had retreated from.

Last edited:
Very nice, it has to be a relief to get such a variant AND 100%. I just paid through the nose for a matching bSw to find the band spring was blank. You did well here.

Looks like an excellent example to me. My Dad's bringback is also a 243 but 1940 and stock has the "H" for army issuance. Cleaning rod on mine is correct length but has no marking or stamps at all. I heard rods were marked until around 1941. Other than that it is all matched bolt and all luckily. Sling is a L&F. Father retrieved this rifle from a building in a town the Germans had retreated from.

My only family in the war was two uncles, but they didnt bring home any guns. Id give my left nut to have a k98k brought home by my dad. Nice history.

Very nice, it has to be a relief to get such a variant AND 100%. I just paid through the nose for a matching bSw to find the band spring was blank. You did well here.

Oh no!!! Totally bank? Any waa?

Nothing, just a blank, unmarked piece. I was bummed big time. I put an e/4 spring (m/m of course) on it as it feels more correct than a blanko to me. But it came with a proofed and serial numbered hinged muzzle cover. You are blessed to have this one you just got. All matching pre-war's are very tough to get. Much less KM models.

I like the new pics! Always a relief when something arrives safe and sound.

-Steve

Andrew , I thought You were looking to add a Bubba Gun to the collection this aint got no scope on it !!!!! .

Sure looks like a keeper to me even though it made it past Bubba :thumbsup:
Congrats on great addition . Best Regards

Last edited:
I'm loving that ink stamp on the stock! Very nice condition overall. You need a Luft marked one now to round things out.

Very nice, don't see these very often. Love the KM take down discs. Thanks for posting

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Congrats to your new Kriegsmarine K98k, it's a beautiful example and I really like the patina. :happy0180:

We knew this rifle already, thank you very much for the new photos and additional data. The stock completion date June 29, 1939 suits perfect into the KM range.

Nice find! I have an all-matching 243 '39 "t" block in the 8K range that's Heer issue.

In the early "t" block I know Luftwaffe rifles and then Kriegsmarine rifles, the first Heer rifles which I know are in the "u" block. Do you show some photos of your K98k?

Military Rifle Journal
Back