Third Party Press

Party Leader PPK

Wow! super nice and looks like a difficult and tough to come by Walther. Have seen them selling for big bucks on Gunbroker in the past. Hope you got a decent deal and thanks for sharing with us. Again great pistol to have.

I have several pre-war and wartime PP & PPK's not a expert but I have looked at hundreds

shame about loss of bluing, it is what it is and will ever be

funny the bluing is worn/rubbed, off but the grips look like they are brand new????? red flag for me,

The grips are 100% original, you can't fake the Walther swirl and metal backing molded in. They are far from brand new there are five chips, and scratches it just doesn't show in the photos. I would argue the opposite. Most people would have found a 99% gun swapped them, as there was no set serial number range for these. I would argue a worn gun is more likely to be original than a brand new pistol. Most that are for sale have been swapped to 'enhance' the gun, its doubtful anyone would swap it to a lower condition PPK.

Attached are two photos of mine highlighting the more prominent cracks. Also are photos of original vs. fakes intended to deceive.

AD347B70-D160-4D4F-AE6F-3F99F02510DD.jpg4EFA220B-193A-4253-9115-40902648D650.jpg649BF849-2A67-44BC-BAC1-3AF116FF7290.jpeg D237870E-0E6E-424D-B7FC-EC9F1E223A94.jpg

Last edited:
Yes

The grips are 100% original, you can't fake the Walther swirl and metal backing molded in. They are far from brand new there are five chips, and scratches it just doesn't show in the photos. I would argue the opposite. Most people would have found a 99% gun swapped them, as there was no set serial number range for these. I would argue a worn gun is more likely to be original than a brand new pistol. Most that are for sale have been swapped to 'enhance' the gun, its doubtful anyone would swap it to a lower condition PPK.

Attached are two photos of mine highlighting the more prominent cracks. Also are photos of original vs. fakes intended to deceive.

View attachment 164927View attachment 164928View attachment 164929 View attachment 164930

Put those grips on another gun of better condition and you can double or triple the value...that is why it is done.... Nice honest piece.:thumbsup:

Military Rifle Journal
Back