Third Party Press

good deal?

Maybe. Hard to say much with just three macro photos though. To the extent shown, the stock looks good.

I remembering searching the company on here before and reading someone (Mike maybe?) saying to be careful as the rifles can be faked. That RIA doesn't really check or know what to look for, so a lot of humped rifles can go through it.

Maybe search and see what you find. If you attend in person then what I'm saying probably doesn't apply.

Looks like a nice rifle, good price if matching for sure. They don't even say in the description if it matches, so I hope the buyer got extra photos to verify. Sometimes they do things like this, advertise incompletely - I once saw them sell a bcd45 LSR and they cropped out the "45" marking from photos and didn't even highlight it in the description, bizarre.

FWIW, the wood grain standing up the way it is and the microcracking in the stock can't be faked.

Looks like a nice rifle, good price if matching for sure. They don't even say in the description if it matches, so I hope the buyer got extra photos to verify. Sometimes they do things like this, advertise incompletely - I once saw them sell a bcd45 LSR and they cropped out the "45" marking from photos and didn't even highlight it in the description, bizarre.

i was very interested in this lot and i wrote them about 3 times for specific answers. i finally got the answers to my satisfaction. sanded, cut and most metal parts force matched. i sure am glad i pestered them. https://www.rockislandauction.com/detail/72/3453/collectors-lot-of-two-world-war-ii-nazi-98k-rifles

So, you bought it? Or you're saying that you decided not to buy it based on their answer? "Sanded, cut, and most metal parts force matched." I understand force matched, but have no idea what RIA meant by sanded and cut. The stock looks pretty good so I'm wondering what was sanded or cut? If they think the stock has been sanded, it makes me wonder whether they know what the original metal numbering would have looked like.

So, you bought it? Or you're saying that you decided not to buy it based on their answer? "Sanded, cut, and most metal parts force matched." I understand force matched, but have no idea what RIA meant by sanded and cut. The stock looks pretty good so I'm wondering what was sanded or cut? If they think the stock has been sanded, it makes me wonder whether they know what the original metal numbering would have looked like.

they said the stocks were duffle cut and sanded smooth. they didn't mention how the numbers were forced. i asked for photos but never got any. i was given all this information from one of the knowledgeable persons there (that's how he was referred to me as). i didn't buy them based on their answers.

Military Rifle Journal
Back