Third Party Press

Thread: Caring for Your WW2 Memorabilia

Last edited by Hambone; 12-10-2017 at 01:36 AM.
    “Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.” - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945

Forum Newbie

Great articles! I think everyone interested in anything from collecting to the history of their family should read these. I volunteer at a local museum and can tell you that many people unintentionally destroy family artifacts through neglect or not knowing how to properly care for said artifacts.

Thanks for a very important thread. I have been successfully preserving old military leather since the 1950's, much of it pre-Civil War that I have kept or traded to some high profile collectors. When I attempted to contribute my preservative of choice and methods on a German pistol forum I got so much crap about it that those characters can stick their leather "where the sun don't shine." If these idiots read the contents of the polish, they probably wouldn't shine their shoes and that's assuming they do. At any rate, it's refreshing to read that serious collectors are concerned with the preservation of their collectible firearm accessories. Sadly, we all will continue to encounter broken slings, holster pull straps, closure straps, etc. at shows for the simple reason that they were neglected by those responsible for their care and allowed to dry out.

Default good stuff

the best treatment is nothing....easy.

Quote Originally Posted by jack944 View Post
    the best treatment is nothing....easy.
    Well, nothing in 50% relative humidity without UV and no insects ;)
    “Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.” - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945

Great articles, Ham. May I share those links elsewhere?

Cheers,
    Cody

Quote Originally Posted by Oregon View Post
    Great articles, Ham. May I share those links elsewhere?

Cheers,
    Cody
    Absolutely Cody.
    Cheers,
    HB
    Last edited by Hambone; 08-25-2018 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Absolutely Cody.
    Cheers,
    HB
    Posted the links over at German Helmet Walhalla.

Thanks, Ham.

Cheers,
    Cody

Indeed Cody, glad to assist GHW2; returning the help