Third Party Press

Marking on a K98k silencer

Absolut

Anyone an idea which company used this marking? It was found on a K98k silencer which is a copy of the Russian Bramit silencer, but the later advanced system which has clamps like the GGG. To what I was able to find this silencer should be the L27 model, which is based on the L23 model (copy of the Russian Bramit, only modified in that it fits the 8x57IS and the K98k front sight).

The L23 silencer is credited to "Gutmann und Hufschmidt", but would this be the logo of this company? Any suggestions?

Attachments

• SD.jpg
    SD.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 122
Haven't seen that one before - I wish they would remove silencers from the NFA list here in the US so somone could make repros of these. No way they will right now, only silencers out there are for black guns.

The particular silencer is identical to the one I had posted pictures of here: http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread.php?24598-muzzle-stuff .

Silencers are still prohibited in some European countries, including Austria. But it starts changing in the way that now even court decides that some hunters are allowed to use them, while in other countries such as Finland the useage of a silencer is mandatory to go hunting (so exactly the opposite). It might still take some time, but I'm pretty sure that in a few years a silencer is no longer much of a problem in whole Europe.

PS: the prohibit of a silencer in Austria goes back to becoming part of Germany in 1938. Prior to that silencers were not prohibited in Austria, they took over the German gun law which had prohibited silencers - and post WWII they took as a starting basis the German gun law and left the prohibit of silencers in there up until now.

Anyway, to get back to the topic: would highly appreciate if someone could tell me which company used this logo! Has someone encountered the name "Gutmann und Hufschmidt" before?

Military Rifle Journal
Back