Third Party Press
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1919 J.P. Sauer

Thanks for the info! Here's the best I can do with an Iphone.
    1919 pic 5.jpg

1919 pic 6.jpg

I need to go out and get a real camera, had one long ago before smart phones but its obsolete and missing...

When I do get hooked up with better tech, I'd like to dig into these as well.

1924 pic 1.jpg

98b.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Loewe View Post
    I assume you only have the barreled receiver? Something complete would be quite a discovery, but something approaching the impossible, - finding armistice era rifles in original condition, non-EWB anyway, are next to impossible.... the ones that stayed in German service were heavily reworked, abused, often found their way to foreign countries. Those that were hidden ended up destroyed, scrapped, or if hidden to the modern era molested by idiotic German authorities to make them safe for the philistines and proletarians of modern Germany (as von Roon called the rabble in 1848)...
    Its a complete rifle, mismatched bolt and force matched wood, the rest actually does match. Sight, bands (front has stacking hook, rear is 98M variety but both matching), buttplate, receiver screws and triggerguard/floorplate.

Thank you for the barrel pictures and sweet Kar98b Simson rifles!
    "Don't use your musket if you can kill 'em with your hatchet"

Major Robert Rogers 1757 Founder of the U.S Army Rangers

What is the rear sight sleeve acceptance? Too blurry to read, Mauser/DWM made them very early as did Simson.

I don't suppose the forced matched stock comes with an ordnance depot marking?

The 1924 with a serial that high is unexpected, very deep into 1925 serial ranges... worthy of its own thread when you get a camera that can do it justice. Looks like a re-barrel, I don't suppose you know the barrel code? The FP looks early, surprisingly early for a 1924 (a 1924 wouldn't have a FP next to the serial, not that style either), but I wonder how late... the BC would help date the barrel if you ever take it apart (RS of course is relevant, I am sure its been upgraded later)

Quote Originally Posted by Nulle100 View Post
    Its a complete rifle, mismatched bolt and force matched wood, the rest actually does match. Sight, bands (front has stacking hook, rear is 98M variety but both matching), buttplate, receiver screws and triggerguard/floorplate.

Thanks again for the info. I'm looking into cameras now, might be a minute.