Third Party Press

K98 bnz 43 SS contract rifles

So...?

Not likely. At this time Steyr was using C stocks though. I think I recall him saying the stock was a replacement. Good news, originally bands were unnumbered.

Well thanks for all the information from you all, the ball is still in my court.
Should I pursue it and if so what price range would you all suggest?

Well thanks for all the information from you all, the ball is still in my court.
Should I pursue it and if so what price range would you all suggest?

Personally, I am fascinated by the SS contract guns, and thus also interested in anything Steyr-Daimler-Puch so my estimation of value might not be the same as others. This looks like a pretty darn good gun, and although I know the stock has been replaced it seems most all the metal is correct. I would definitely recommend pursuing it, and likely the absolute top end max I’d pay for it is 900. The stock would hammer the value down for many, but not so much for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

..This looks like a pretty darn good gun, and although I know the stock has been replaced it seems most all the metal is correct.

Yeah I have to agree with you. Being that stamped unnumbered and unproofed bands and an e/135 unnumbered TG are appropriate makes the stock a bit less of a hit for me too. Obvious it comes down to price and how much you value this piece. His asking price is high IMHO.

LOL, this guy wants a lot more than $900...

Yeah I have to agree with you. Being that stamped unnumbered and unproofed bands and an e/135 unnumbered TG are appropriate makes the stock a bit less of a hit for me too. Obvious it comes down to price and how much you value this piece. His asking price is high IMHO.

This guy wants ridiculous money, $2500...

He’s free to ask anything he wants but I can guarantee it won’t sell for that.

it might have been nice asking the owner of this rifle if you had permission to POST HIS PICTURES, especially as it shows the serial number

Are you the owner or perhaps do you know the owner? The serial number is pretty important in these as it helps determine how the various parts ought to be marked if original. In fact, I dare say that it would be almost impossible to give a valuation or even an opinion without knowing the serial number and seeing where all it appears on a particular rifle.

Besides, nobody can really do anything with that number, so putting it out there doesn’t risk anything.

I'm pretty sure that phillyriverrat57@aol.com is the owner of the rifle.

I see. Well he has nothing to worry about, in fact if he wants to get a fair price for it he could always put it up on the trader here, then he would be able to break down what it is and is not with the experts and come to a good price. But again, the pictures and serial number are crucial to a fair appraisal. I believe the OP said the original asking price was $2500 which we all said was high, but it’s a start!!

Military Rifle Journal
Back