Third Party Press
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BSW DSM Restore

Apparently I am missing the rear screw that goes from the trigger guard to the back end of the barrel/chamber. Probably not easy to acquire?
    TriggerGuard_B2Arrow.pngBolt_T1_Arrow.png
    Last edited by halygon; 01-05-2018 at 11:53 AM.

I have dsm parts and will look and likely can help... Also, filling a PVC pipe with Kroil (one end sealed, naturally) allows the whole barrel action to slide into the oil for days or weeks. Did with a k98 with success. May have to drift out a pin to remove the trigger to reduce the diameter of the PVC required...

Here's the one I worked on...

http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread....highlight=rust

email => K98@bobinohio.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bob in OHIO View Post
    I have dsm parts and will look and likely can help... Also, filling a PVC pipe with Kroil (one end sealed, naturally) allows the whole barrel action to slide into the oil for days or weeks. Did with a k98 with success. May have to drift out a pin to remove the trigger to reduce the diameter of the PVC required...

Here's the one I worked on...

http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread....highlight=rust
    Thank's Bob, let me know what you got.

I got the brass punch set to separate it all out without damage. I hope the pins "want" to move - guess we will find out.

Bob hooked me up with the missing screw, but I am still missing the rod and front band. Any ideas (or spares) around?

I probably have the front band. Did you get the barreled action out of the stock? Any additional pictures?

RKI- Reasonably Knowledgable Individual heavy_mech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fal Grunt View Post
    ..Any additional pictures?
    +1. Love to see some more of it.
    "Wen Tausend einen Mann erschlagen, das ist nicht Ruhm, das ist nicht Ehre, denn beinsen wird's in späteren tagen gesiegt hat doch das Deutsch Heer. Podest nicht die Paten der Soldaten doner die da Sterben sollen, soll man geben was sie wollen, sahs sie Herzen, sahs sie Küssen, den sie wissen nicht wann sie sterben müssen"

Quote Originally Posted by Fal Grunt View Post
    I probably have the front band. Did you get the barreled action out of the stock? Any additional pictures?
    Quote Originally Posted by heavy_mech View Post
    +1. Love to see some more of it.
    I did. I originally was going to do the G43 first, but figured I'd go with the simplier restore before I go to the more complex one. So DSM first it is.

I'll post some pictures of the current state. I am putting together my own PVC oil bath with 3" pipe and I realized that my two 8oz cans of Kroil isn't enough, so I ordered a gallon earlier this week. Apparently if you order it directly from Kano, it is $20-30 cheaper than anywhere else.

I'll dual use the bath into a multipurpose tank -- which will be useful for any bluing I do on other projects.

Haven't told my wife yet that a 4ft long pipe is going to be a permanent fixture in the shop area of the garage -- better to ask for forgiveness...

PM me about the front band if you have one.

Getting ready to start on one of the rifles.
    Both_Rifles_Pre_Work.jpg

Here is the DSM all apart.
    Parts.jpg
    Parts1.jpg
    Parts2.jpg
    Parts3.jpg
    Barrel_Chamber.jpg
    Barrel_Under_Action.jpg
    Bolt.jpg
    Trigger_Guard.jpg
    Inside_Stock1.jpg
    Inside_Stock2.jpg
    Inside_Stock3.jpg

Side Note:
    So the issue I had with the bolt - It appears that the ejector does not stay in place and twists up slightly, which prevents it from going down its rail. By manually pushing the ejector down as I lift the bolt, it allows it to slide backwards.. Probably something I'll need to dig into.
    Last edited by halygon; 01-14-2018 at 01:13 AM.

Tried out this Big 45 Frontier pad on part of the barrel rusted but that gets covered by stock. Pretty impressive and no scratches to finish/barrel. Probably going to be my go to for the wide open stretches of metal. Detailed stuff will still need to be brushes me thinks.

Testing_Big45Frontier2.jpg
    Testing_Big45Frontier.jpg

Will take more as I progress along.

Still looking for:

• Front Band
    • Front Band Pin
    • Cleaning Rod